"Registry Files" & "System Restore"

I have "XP Home edition" installed O.E.M. so I have no
access to the original Installation Disk. Therefore I
cannot Install the "Registry Back up Device" from that CD.
I need to change a "Registry File Setting" to speed
up my Start Up, which has slowed down a lot after
installing SP.2
Can I Safely use "System Restore" to provide a
Backup for "Registry Files"??
Can anyone help...Many Thanks. Dave.
..

If you want to make a backup of your registry files you can copy the
config folder which contains them. It's in
C:\Windows\System32\Config The five Registry Hives or Files are Sam,
Security, System, Default and Software.
"Dave. South Wales. UK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1f1c01c49a4f$7e89caf0$a401280a@phx.gbl...