"Registry Files" & "System Restore"

I have "XP Home edition" installed O.E.M. so I have no
access to the original Installation Disk. Therefore I
cannot Install the "Registry Back up Device" from that CD.
I need to change a "Registry File Setting" to speed
up my Start Up, which has slowed down a lot after
installing SP.2
Can I Safely use "System Restore" to provide a
Backup for "Registry Files"??
Can anyone help...Many Thanks. Dave.
..
1 answer Last reply
More about registry files system restore

    If you want to make a backup of your registry files you can copy the
    config folder which contains them. It's in
    C:\Windows\System32\Config The five Registry Hives or Files are Sam,
    Security, System, Default and Software.
    "Dave. South Wales. UK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:1f1c01c49a4f$7e89caf0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    > I have "XP Home edition" installed O.E.M. so I have no
    > access to the original Installation Disk. Therefore I
    > cannot Install the "Registry Back up Device" from that CD.
    > I need to change a "Registry File Setting" to speed
    > up my Start Up, which has slowed down a lot after
    > installing SP.2
    > Can I Safely use "System Restore" to provide a
    > Backup for "Registry Files"??
    > Can anyone help...Many Thanks. Dave.
    > .

Registry System Restore Windows XP