Bad Command or File Name Error

Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite 2590CDT laptop running Win98 that displays the
following message upon startup:

c:\>C:\Program1~ VS\LScan\VSPatch 1999n
Bad command or file name

It then goes to Windows with no problem. Does anyone know what this means
or if I should even worry about it?
--
Thank you for your help - TechGirlAZ

DOS does not understand windows long file names, so uses ~1, (~2, ~3,) to
identify folders and files with lfn
C:\program files becomes C:\progra~1
and very seldom (never) becomes c:\program1~vs (more than 8 letters)

DOS does not understand spaces,

vspatch 1999n is not a valid file name

vspatch /1999n (using command line options) may valid in DOS
vspatch~1 may be valid in DOS

use a Dos box DIR the folder containing the vspatch 1999n.exe file and get
its DOS name and
correct the filepath in autoexec.bat if that file is supposed to be running,

If it turns out that vspatch 199n isnt supposed to be running, scan with
current AV and AntiSpyware to get rid of it

--
Adaware http://www.lavasoft.de
spybot http://security.kolla.de

Grateful thanks to the authors and webmasters
_
"TechGirlAZ" <TechGirlAZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite 2590CDT laptop running Win98 that displays
the
| following message upon startup:
|
| c:\>C:\Program1~ VS\LScan\VSPatch 1999n
| Bad command or file name
|
| It then goes to Windows with no problem. Does anyone know what this means
| or if I should even worry about it?
| --
| Thank you for your help - TechGirlAZ

Thank you for the quick reply. The "VS\LScan" part of the message was
actually "VSILScan" I deleted the line in Autoexec.bat and it no longer
shows up during startup. Thanks again for the help. :)