usb problem or motherboard?

peacesam

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
Hello guys, i have a very confusing situation here... awhile ago before i've formatted my pc, once in a while my windows xp will stop booting (after loading the windows xp screen and before entering the windows) for about 1 minute or more. I found out that it was my printer usb port that caused my windows to slow down on booting. so i unplug the usb and it works perfectly..later i put tried putting back the printer usb and it worked perfectly for weeks. Now i've formmated my pc, it seems like my usb ports are stopping my windows from booting for about a minute or 2 mins. So again, i unplug all my usb ports and everything just went back to normal..... may i know the solution for this?

Specs: Gigabyte GI8-1000pro 865pe intel
512mbx2 dual ddr ocz pc3200 400mhz
Windows xp sp2
Geforce gt6600 128mb

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
Hello guys, i have a very confusing situation here... awhile ago before i've formatted my pc, once in a while my windows xp will stop booting (after loading the windows xp screen and before entering the windows) for about 1 minute or more. I found out that it was my printer usb port that caused my windows to slow down on booting. so i unplug the usb and it works perfectly..later i put tried putting back the printer usb and it worked perfectly for weeks. Now i've formmated my pc, it seems like my usb ports are stopping my windows from booting for about a minute or 2 mins. So again, i unplug all my usb ports and everything just went back to normal..... may i know the solution for this?

Specs: Gigabyte GI8-1000pro 865pe intel
512mbx2 dual ddr ocz pc3200 400mhz
Windows xp sp2
Geforce gt6600 128mb

Try a few things:
1) Do all ports cause this problem or just one?
2) Update your printer driver from the Web
3) Make sure you have the latest chipset drivers from Intel for your motherboard (again from the Web).

peacesam

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
they printer usb port works...even if i unplug the printer port, the same problem is still happening. The more usb ports are hooked up, the longer it takes to boot up.