Has anyone this program

Hi Everyone.

Read below and tell me what you all think. i am thinking about purchasing
the software, but i would like some feedback if any others have it on your
system and using it.

thanks

Cameron

Give Your Computer A Whole New Lease On Life With a SystemBoosterXP
Performance Boost And Bring Back That Same Sprightly Performance As When It
Was New!"

.....With SystemBoosterXP
A small footprint system tray utility for Windows XP that boosts your PC's
performance by making your hard disk perform up to 200% faster!

SystemBoosterXP Speeds Up Slow Computers And Makes Faster Computers... EVEN
FASTER!
a.. Reduce load times of your applications by over 50%
b.. Improve performance of all disk intensive applications
c.. Improve performance of your favorite games
d.. Make your overall desktop and Windows XP more "sprightly" and fast
e.. Speed up internet browsing, defragging, file searching, even simple
things such as browsing folders
f.. When browsing your image catalogs, no more waiting for ages for
thumbnails to be drawn - it all happens almost instantly
g.. Vastly improve performance of the most disk intensive applications
such as flight simulators with photo-scenery and disk intensive games
h.. Improve the performance of your small office server for faster client
e-mail retrieval, shared apps, print spooling, web servers, network
browsing... to name a few!
No more waiting for that hard disk chugging away. Everything is now faster
in all areas, thanks to SystemBoosterXP!

This first graph shows the loading of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
and a disk intensive photo-scenery.
The opening screen was set to bypass so the program launched and went
straight to the airport. With SystemBooster - you are ready to fly in 51
seconds compared with 136 without SystemBooster - so the process took only
37% of the time. The sum of disk times was also calculated and in this
instance the efficiency boost was 326%.
This graph shows a flight across Southern California MegaScenery at 400
knots. Without SystemBooster disk time is 24.01%. With SystemBooster -
average disk time is only 6.44%. So with SystemBooster scenery the hard disk
is working only 27% as hard to get scenery data to the processor for visual
display. The disk time efficiency boost is 373% - the result - a better
visual display since the hard disk becomes much less of a rate limiting
factor.

Stevem

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2004

"Cameron" <cameronpeters@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi Everyone.
>
> Read below and tell me what you all think. i am thinking about purchasing
> the software, but i would like some feedback if any others have it on your
> system and using it.
>
> thanks
>
> Cameron
>
> Give Your Computer A Whole New Lease On Life With a SystemBoosterXP
> Performance Boost And Bring Back That Same Sprightly Performance As When
> It
> Was New!"
>
> ....With SystemBoosterXP
> A small footprint system tray utility for Windows XP that boosts your PC's
> performance by making your hard disk perform up to 200% faster!
>
> SystemBoosterXP Speeds Up Slow Computers And Makes Faster Computers...
> EVEN
> FASTER!
> a.. Reduce load times of your applications by over 50%
> b.. Improve performance of all disk intensive applications
> c.. Improve performance of your favorite games
> d.. Make your overall desktop and Windows XP more "sprightly" and fast
> e.. Speed up internet browsing, defragging, file searching, even simple
> things such as browsing folders
> f.. When browsing your image catalogs, no more waiting for ages for
> thumbnails to be drawn - it all happens almost instantly
> g.. Vastly improve performance of the most disk intensive applications
> such as flight simulators with photo-scenery and disk intensive games
> h.. Improve the performance of your small office server for faster client
> e-mail retrieval, shared apps, print spooling, web servers, network
> browsing... to name a few!
> No more waiting for that hard disk chugging away. Everything is now faster
> in all areas, thanks to SystemBoosterXP!
>

> This first graph shows the loading of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
> and a disk intensive photo-scenery.
> The opening screen was set to bypass so the program launched and went
> straight to the airport. With SystemBooster - you are ready to fly in 51
> seconds compared with 136 without SystemBooster - so the process took only
> 37% of the time. The sum of disk times was also calculated and in this
> instance the efficiency boost was 326%.
> This graph shows a flight across Southern California MegaScenery at
> 400
> knots. Without SystemBooster disk time is 24.01%. With SystemBooster -
> average disk time is only 6.44%. So with SystemBooster scenery the hard
> disk
> is working only 27% as hard to get scenery data to the processor for
> visual
> display. The disk time efficiency boost is 373% - the result - a better
> visual display since the hard disk becomes much less of a rate limiting
> factor.

Cameron,
Call me an old cynic if you like, but I'd want some very specific details as
to how this software does what it claims to do. My immediate reaction is
'snake oil', but I'm open to conviction. Do you have a URL for this? Any
idea how it does it? RAMDISK? That's about the only way I can immediately
see it could achieve its claims.
Regards,
Steve.

I've just finished checking the web site that offers this program. Just from
what I've read I'd stay far away from this one if I were you. I noticed that
they claim their program works on Windows 95 as well as XP. These two OS
have entirely different programming coding just for starters. Software being
sold today I don't believe is compatible with both XP and 95!!!
Also, they say it loads at start up, which is one more thing running on your
system.
I'm far from being a computer expert, but I don't like the looks of their
site at all. They make all kinds of claims, but supply no reviews or further
links to additional information.
What it looks like to me is some kind of an "organizing" program for
priorities on your system. Generally speaking, MS went to a great deal of
trouble to design XP, and if you are running it optimized and clean, you are
probably getting as much from the OS as your computer can give without
creating issues for yourself.
My advice, if indeed this program is some kind of optimizing software, is to
skip on it and simply get a very good defrag program like Perfect Disk, then
run it when it shows you need a good defrag and keep the TIF and Temp
folders clean. Then tweak what starts and runs on your boot if you need to
increase your performance a bit.
If these things don't give you the performance you're looking for, I doubt
if this software you're considering will do any better, and could very well
do your system harm.
Just one man's opinion on this.
Dudley Henriques
"Cameron" <cameronpeters@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi Everyone.
>
> Read below and tell me what you all think. i am thinking about purchasing
> the software, but i would like some feedback if any others have it on your
> system and using it.
>
> thanks
>
> Cameron
>
> Give Your Computer A Whole New Lease On Life With a SystemBoosterXP
> Performance Boost And Bring Back That Same Sprightly Performance As When
> It
> Was New!"
>
> ....With SystemBoosterXP
> A small footprint system tray utility for Windows XP that boosts your PC's
> performance by making your hard disk perform up to 200% faster!
>
> SystemBoosterXP Speeds Up Slow Computers And Makes Faster Computers...
> EVEN
> FASTER!
> a.. Reduce load times of your applications by over 50%
> b.. Improve performance of all disk intensive applications
> c.. Improve performance of your favorite games
> d.. Make your overall desktop and Windows XP more "sprightly" and fast
> e.. Speed up internet browsing, defragging, file searching, even simple
> things such as browsing folders
> f.. When browsing your image catalogs, no more waiting for ages for
> thumbnails to be drawn - it all happens almost instantly
> g.. Vastly improve performance of the most disk intensive applications
> such as flight simulators with photo-scenery and disk intensive games
> h.. Improve the performance of your small office server for faster client
> e-mail retrieval, shared apps, print spooling, web servers, network
> browsing... to name a few!
> No more waiting for that hard disk chugging away. Everything is now faster
> in all areas, thanks to SystemBoosterXP!
>

> This first graph shows the loading of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
> and a disk intensive photo-scenery.
> The opening screen was set to bypass so the program launched and went
> straight to the airport. With SystemBooster - you are ready to fly in 51
> seconds compared with 136 without SystemBooster - so the process took only
> 37% of the time. The sum of disk times was also calculated and in this
> instance the efficiency boost was 326%.
> This graph shows a flight across Southern California MegaScenery at
> 400
> knots. Without SystemBooster disk time is 24.01%. With SystemBooster -
> average disk time is only 6.44%. So with SystemBooster scenery the hard
> disk
> is working only 27% as hard to get scenery data to the processor for
> visual
> display. The disk time efficiency boost is 373% - the result - a better
> visual display since the hard disk becomes much less of a rate limiting
> factor.

Hi Cameron,

There was a thread on this newsgroup recently re this program, and the
consensus of opinion was that the program achieved nothing, and was
sometimes detrimental.

Regards,
John Ward
> [...]
> 37% of the time. The sum of disk times was also calculated and in this
> instance the efficiency boost was 326%.
> This graph shows a flight across Southern California MegaScenery at
> 400
> knots. Without SystemBooster disk time is 24.01%. With SystemBooster -
> average disk time is only 6.44%. So with SystemBooster scenery the hard
> disk
> is working only 27% as hard to get scenery data to the processor for
> visual
> display. The disk time efficiency boost is 373% - the result - a better
> visual display since the hard disk becomes much less of a rate limiting
> factor.

>Read below and tell me what you all think. i am thinking about purchasing
>the software, but i would like some feedback if any others have it on your

Between the hype (that makes me instantaneously dubious of the claims)
and what we already read here and on other forums about that miracle
potion I would say it looks very much like snake oil :)

===
Best Regards
Katy