  • Microsoft
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
July 1, 2005 10:41:33 PM

My Win98SE fully patched PC will not wake up from standby.

Can hear sounds that the PC is trying to wake up, but it won't.

More about : wake standby

Anonymous
July 1, 2005 11:51:06 PM

Unfortunately, resume-from-standby problems are impossible to troubleshoot
unless you're willing to wipe your system clean, start from scratch, and
install only one driver or program at a time until you find the one that
causes the problem. The best solution is to stop using standby modes that
do not work correctly.

"MedRxMan" <medrxman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My Win98SE fully patched PC will not wake up from standby.
>
> Can hear sounds that the PC is trying to wake up, but it won't.

Anonymous
July 3, 2005 3:15:39 AM

have you tried "snap crackle & pop", gets my kids
out of wakey mode every time.

...Rex..
(sorry)

!