Won't Wake Up from Standby

My Win98SE fully patched PC will not wake up from standby.

Can hear sounds that the PC is trying to wake up, but it won't.
2 answers Last reply
More about wake standby

    Unfortunately, resume-from-standby problems are impossible to troubleshoot
    unless you're willing to wipe your system clean, start from scratch, and
    install only one driver or program at a time until you find the one that
    causes the problem. The best solution is to stop using standby modes that
    do not work correctly.

    "MedRxMan" <medrxman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > My Win98SE fully patched PC will not wake up from standby.
    >
    > Can hear sounds that the PC is trying to wake up, but it won't.

    have you tried "snap crackle & pop", gets my kids
    out of wakey mode every time.

    ...Rex..
    (sorry)

    > Unfortunately, resume-from-standby problems are impossible to troubleshoot
    > unless you're willing to wipe your system clean, start from scratch, and
    > install only one driver or program at a time until you find the one that
    > causes the problem. The best solution is to stop using standby modes that
    > do not work correctly.

    > * for the benefit of all. Private mail is usually not replied to.
    > * My website, such as it is ... http://rgharper.mvps.org/
    >

    > "MedRxMan" <medrxman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > My Win98SE fully patched PC will not wake up from standby.
    > >
    > > Can hear sounds that the PC is trying to wake up, but it won't.

Microsoft Windows