Installing Epson R200 on network via D-Link print server

I've recently purchased an Epson Stylus Photo R200 printer for use on my
business network (SBS 2003 w/all XP SP2 clients). I've got several D-Link
DP-300U print servers that I use for all of our printers. I've tried to
install the drivers for this printer and then add this printer as I have
done with all the others, but am having some sort of communications problem.
I haven't experienced this problem with any of my other printers. I called
Epson, but they said they couldn't help me since I didn't have an Epson
print server. I know this isn't much information, but if anyone has any
suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about installing epson r200 network link print server

    I cannot speak about the D-Link producr, but I have connected my R-200
    successfully to a printer server. The print server is my network connection
    to three printers :

    R-200 [USB]
    DeskJet 5550 [USB]
    Lexmark Optra E310 [parallel]

    The print server is TRENDware's TRENDnet TE100-P2U1P; I bought it from
    Newegg [less than $70] about 10 months ago, and has worked perfectly since I
    put it in service.

    hth,

    -irv segal

    "epigram" <nospam@spammy.com> wrote in message
    > I've recently purchased an Epson Stylus Photo R200 printer for use on my
    > business network (SBS 2003 w/all XP SP2 clients). I've got several D-Link
    > DP-300U print servers that I use for all of our printers. I've tried to
    > install the drivers for this printer and then add this printer as I have
    > done with all the others, but am having some sort of communications
    > problem. I haven't experienced this problem with any of my other printers.
    > I called Epson, but they said they couldn't help me since I didn't have an
    > Epson print server. I know this isn't much information, but if anyone has
    > any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
    >
    > Thanks!

Printers Epson Servers Peripherals