1900 xt 512 how hot does this card run or should run around

aahaz

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
I just got a new system with 1900xt 512 and I dont want it to run to hot. What should the normal tempature range be on this?

gahleon

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
Well of course it depends on the model. My powercolor runs HOT! There is a solution though. The accelero x2 isn't work getting for the simple reason that it doesn't blow the air out. The stock cooler on most will do a fine job cooling however you have to tweek the settings. If you use ATITOOL then you can change the fan speed settings which aren't available with CCC (Catalyst Control Center). The one that I found to like the best is the option to change during different temp ranges. See, at least for the powercolor, the fan doesn't rev up until it hits over 75 c. My powercolor ran way hot. They wanted a quiet card but the problem is that it severely increases the ambient system temp. Use ATITOOL and you are set.

EllisD420

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I got the Ati version of this card and out of the box, the fan control blows a$$. I remember seeing it in the mid 90C's once. I barely heard it rev up at all during benchmarking or gaming. So i installed ATiTool and set up a custom fan profile that looked something along these lines:
0C........20%
50C......40%
55C......50%
60C......60%
65C......70%
70C......80%
75C......90%
80C......100%

Now my GPU dosnt hit anything over 72C through the loops of 3dmark06. Having the fan control is definetly better than letting it handle itself.

aahaz

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
ok I downloaded ati tool .25 beta 10 but I dont see where I able to change the fan speeds. Will you walk me through it

Thank you

EllisD420

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
1st off get the latest beta from HERE. Uninstall the other one before you install this one. Then once you open the app, down in the bottom right corner there should be 2 buttons, 1 for Mem, and one for Settings. Click on the settings one and a new window will open. Up ear the top there is a drop down menu, if you click on that, you should see about 8 different pages that you can adjust settings in, one of them is Fan Control. Set it to override fan control settings and put your own in. Let me know if you need more than that, though i dont think you will.