sandmannight

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Because I value everybodies opinion on this forum so much I want to ask How this rig I was going to build would fare on present and near future games.

AMD 3000-$111.00
G.Skill Extream-$164.00
DFI Lanparty Ultra-D-$122.99
XFX 7900gt-$299.99

You may ask why I am getting the 3000. I am because I am new to OC and I am going to OC this and if something goes wrong dont want to ruin something expensive plus I will be upgrading to socket AM2 or maybe conroe next year after newer stuff is out and technology is refined so I thought the 3000+ would do me fine. I might also next summer get a opteron 165-180 instead of upgrading to AM2 or Conroe. Depends on how good that Technology is
Thanks in advance

sandmannight

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
I guess this might help somewhat. But I mostly play MMO's and RPG's. I rarely play a FPS. I play some RTS too like Age of Empires and Civ 3

linux_0

Splendid
That setup will have no trouble running those games. I can't really tell about future games, since I can't tell the future. ( :cry: )

I'm thinking this year's games will run fine, but I can't tell about next year's games.

Indeed :-D

But if you can wait 3 weeks for AM2 to push prices lower then by all means wait.

sandmannight

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
That setup will have no trouble running those games. I can't really tell about future games, since I can't tell the future. ( :cry: )

I'm thinking this year's games will run fine, but I can't tell about next year's games.

But if you can wait 3 weeks for AM2 to push prices lower then by all means wait.

AM2 is coming out in 3 weeks?

I wont be getting this til summer. Then next summer upgrade again

linux_0

Splendid

AM2 is coming out in 3 weeks?

I wont be getting this til summer. Then next summer upgrade again

Indeed, AM2 is being released May 23rd 2006 ( in about 3 weeks ).

sandmannight

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
maybe somebody can answer me this. What is K8L I have heard stuff about it but know nothing about it.

Also think it wise to wait to but AM2 stuff so the Technology can be refined and decide wether to go Conroe or AM2?

sandmannight

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Another question I would like to ask is.
If I get the 3000+ and run it at stock for a while. What will slow it down? I will not be doing much multitasking and just wanted to know if games will take a noticable hit at just running at 1.8? Thanks

TRENDING THREADS