FDISK/status numbers

I have been having issues with installing a new primary hard drive(80GB) as
may be noticed in previous posts. Now that all appears good, and the PC is
running well I have noticed these odd numbers.

I have Norton Partition Magic installed and when I look at the partition
info is shows no trouble and 76.3 GB (OK).

If I double click on my computer and right click on the C drive icon and
click on properties I also see a total of about 76 GB.

Now for the strange number:

If I go to a command prompt from the Windows 98se Desktop and type
fdisk/status the C drive is reported as having 126124 megabytes ?

?????????????????????????/

Fdisk Does Not Recognize Full Size of Hard Disks Larger than 64 GB
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=263044
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"MedRxman" <medrxman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have been having issues with installing a new primary hard drive(80GB) as
> may be noticed in previous posts. Now that all appears good, and the PC is
> running well I have noticed these odd numbers.
>
> I have Norton Partition Magic installed and when I look at the partition
> info is shows no trouble and 76.3 GB (OK).
>
> If I double click on my computer and right click on the C drive icon and
> click on properties I also see a total of about 76 GB.
>
> Now for the strange number:
>
> If I go to a command prompt from the Windows 98se Desktop and type
> fdisk/status the C drive is reported as having 126124 megabytes ?
>
> ?????????????????????????/

THANKS FOR THE QUICK REPLY..
I thought I was going to have issues over the numbers.

Beryl(AKA..MedRxMan)
> Fdisk Does Not Recognize Full Size of Hard Disks Larger than 64 GB
> http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=263044
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "MedRxman" <medrxman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I have been having issues with installing a new primary hard drive(80GB)
>> as
>> may be noticed in previous posts. Now that all appears good, and the PC
>> is
>> running well I have noticed these odd numbers.
>>
>> I have Norton Partition Magic installed and when I look at the partition
>> info is shows no trouble and 76.3 GB (OK).
>>
>> If I double click on my computer and right click on the C drive icon and
>> click on properties I also see a total of about 76 GB.
>>
>> Now for the strange number:
>>
>> If I go to a command prompt from the Windows 98se Desktop and type
>> fdisk/status the C drive is reported as having 126124 megabytes ?
>>
>> ?????????????????????????/

get the newer version of FDISK from the link in that KB article, and replace the old
version with it....then see if fdisk /status is still inaccurate. As long as the
others show the correct size, it is a non-issue anyway.
--

> THANKS FOR THE QUICK REPLY..
> I thought I was going to have issues over the numbers.
>
> Beryl(AKA..MedRxMan)
> > Fdisk Does Not Recognize Full Size of Hard Disks Larger than 64 GB
> > http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=263044
> > --
> > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> >

> > "MedRxman" <medrxman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> I have been having issues with installing a new primary hard drive(80GB)
> >> as
> >> may be noticed in previous posts. Now that all appears good, and the PC
> >> is
> >> running well I have noticed these odd numbers.
> >>
> >> I have Norton Partition Magic installed and when I look at the partition
> >> info is shows no trouble and 76.3 GB (OK).
> >>
> >> If I double click on my computer and right click on the C drive icon and
> >> click on properties I also see a total of about 76 GB.
> >>
> >> Now for the strange number:
> >>
> >> If I go to a command prompt from the Windows 98se Desktop and type
> >> fdisk/status the C drive is reported as having 126124 megabytes ?

Did it( downloaded the new version) worked as it should..Thanks again.