missing icg32.dll

Recently I've had some virus infections and have some system files infected.
I seem unable to restore files with file checker is there a place on the net
or with microsoft to replace system files?

You can't restore icg32.dll with System File Checker because it is not a Windows
file and will not be found on the Windows CD. It appears to be a QuickBooks file,
so a reinstall of QuickBooks should restore it.....assuming you have QuickBooks in
the first place. if not, you may have had it at one time, and a reference to the
file still exists. re you receiving an error message regarding that file? If so,
when?
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Steve2ae" <Steve2ae@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recently I've had some virus infections and have some system files infected.
> I seem unable to restore files with file checker is there a place on the net
> or with microsoft to replace system files?

Thanks to both glee and Brian, my system is now as I've done a full virus
scan and there were several trojans too.

"glee" wrote:

> You can't restore icg32.dll with System File Checker because it is not a Windows
> file and will not be found on the Windows CD. It appears to be a QuickBooks file,
> so a reinstall of QuickBooks should restore it.....assuming you have QuickBooks in
> the first place. if not, you may have had it at one time, and a reference to the
> file still exists. re you receiving an error message regarding that file? If so,
> when?
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Steve2ae" <Steve2ae@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Recently I've had some virus infections and have some system files infected.
> > I seem unable to restore files with file checker is there a place on the net
> > or with microsoft to replace system files?

If you have/had QBooks as Glen mentions, see:
Message: "Channel.dll is linked to missing export ICG32.dll"
http://www.quickbooks.com/support/faqs/qbw2001/124565.html

Either way, whether you had it or not it would be very helpful in letting us in
on the name/s of the virus/es. Searches on the file mentioned result in the
above and for some reason pages about paypal with any mention of the file.
Seeing that both qbooks and paypal have private/personal information and have to
do with money, it is best to make 100% sure the machine is clean first. There
are many scams including the use of trojans to get that info from your accounts.

--

Brian A. Sesko
{ MS MVP_Shell/User }