Sign in with
Your question

Can VIVO help me?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 1, 2006 11:51:19 PM

Will VIVO allow me to plug in a second device to my video card and let me switch through the interface between my pc and the second device?

This would be a great option if it is viable cause i dont want to add an expensive switch box.

More about : vivo

a b U Graphics card
May 8, 2006 9:46:11 AM

You're just trying to display a second device to your monitor? VIVO will do that, THROUGH your first device. IE, for ATI you can use MMC to display the input in a box on your desktop, or at full screen mode. You'll be limited to the capabilities of the input TYPE however, such as S-Video which really doesn't have much clarity beyond 720x480.
May 8, 2006 11:47:22 PM

So i cant use DVI ports? I want to hook up a PS3 to one port, and have the monitor hooked up to the other dvi port. i cant use the dvi? That just plain sux. I hope they add dvi support soon, i thought it would have been already, 720x480 wont look pretty at all. THX for the help. :D  :D  :D  :D 
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
May 9, 2006 2:59:24 AM

Video Inputs for graphics cards only come in two types, Composite and S-Video. Composite starts loosing definition before 640x480, S-Video gets you to around 720x480.

You can actually use finer resolutions across an S-Video line if your parts support it, but they get blurrier and blurrier as you exceed what they were designed to support.
May 9, 2006 3:11:47 AM

do you have any idea when/if/can vivo will support HD resolutions?
a b U Graphics card
May 9, 2006 3:15:38 AM

Video Out has been beyond HD on the VGA output and supporting at least 720p on the DVI output since the late 1990's.

Video In never will support HD.
May 9, 2006 7:39:47 PM

Quote:
So i cant use DVI ports? I want to hook up a PS3 to one port, and have the monitor hooked up to the other dvi port. i cant use the dvi? That just plain sux. I hope they add dvi support soon, i thought it would have been already, 720x480 wont look pretty at all. THX for the help. :D  :D  :D  :D 

Why don't you just get a switch and plug both into the monitor and just switch back and forth? Or if you have a monitor with rgb and dvi connectors, plug your computer into one, and ps3 to the other. That's what I do with my xbox.
May 9, 2006 10:02:56 PM

Oh, nevermind, PS3 wont use HDMI!?!!? AARRGHHH!! I dont want to have to unplug them each time, and the swith boxes are $300. i might just take your advice and use RGB plugs. What does the interface look like when ur xbox is running? does it run in a window that can be adjusted? or does it sit static in the middle of the monito?
May 9, 2006 10:59:01 PM

I have a vidigi z3 transcoder. The two monitors that I've used it on (A cmv-520d and a 19" viewsonic something or another) both stretched it to full screen. At one point I was using the 15" in my car for long waits between classes. It looked very nice running in progressive.
!