Can VIVO help me?

Kwijibo

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Will VIVO allow me to plug in a second device to my video card and let me switch through the interface between my pc and the second device?

This would be a great option if it is viable cause i dont want to add an expensive switch box.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You're just trying to display a second device to your monitor? VIVO will do that, THROUGH your first device. IE, for ATI you can use MMC to display the input in a box on your desktop, or at full screen mode. You'll be limited to the capabilities of the input TYPE however, such as S-Video which really doesn't have much clarity beyond 720x480.

Kwijibo

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
So i cant use DVI ports? I want to hook up a PS3 to one port, and have the monitor hooked up to the other dvi port. i cant use the dvi? That just plain sux. I hope they add dvi support soon, i thought it would have been already, 720x480 wont look pretty at all. THX for the help. :D :D :D :D

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Video Inputs for graphics cards only come in two types, Composite and S-Video. Composite starts loosing definition before 640x480, S-Video gets you to around 720x480.

You can actually use finer resolutions across an S-Video line if your parts support it, but they get blurrier and blurrier as you exceed what they were designed to support.

MadCraiZ

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
So i cant use DVI ports? I want to hook up a PS3 to one port, and have the monitor hooked up to the other dvi port. i cant use the dvi? That just plain sux. I hope they add dvi support soon, i thought it would have been already, 720x480 wont look pretty at all. THX for the help. :D :D :D :D

Why don't you just get a switch and plug both into the monitor and just switch back and forth? Or if you have a monitor with rgb and dvi connectors, plug your computer into one, and ps3 to the other. That's what I do with my xbox.

Kwijibo

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Oh, nevermind, PS3 wont use HDMI!?!!? AARRGHHH!! I dont want to have to unplug them each time, and the swith boxes are $300. i might just take your advice and use RGB plugs. What does the interface look like when ur xbox is running? does it run in a window that can be adjusted? or does it sit static in the middle of the monito?

MadCraiZ

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
I have a vidigi z3 transcoder. The two monitors that I've used it on (A cmv-520d and a 19" viewsonic something or another) both stretched it to full screen. At one point I was using the 15" in my car for long waits between classes. It looked very nice running in progressive.