Are Lingo and Vonage H.323 or SIP?

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hi,

I want to build my own softphone and I want to use one of the cheap
VOIP providers. If I want to use Vonage or Lingo should my software
support SIP or H.323?

Thanks,
John

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

"John" <johnfofawn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to build my own softphone and I want to use one of the cheap
> VOIP providers. If I want to use Vonage or Lingo should my software
> support SIP or H.323?
>
> Thanks,
> John

I think they both use SIP.

-J.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

"john" <john@john.org> wrote in message news:<C62dnd_sNu6vPRTcRVn-pQ@comcast.com>...
> "John" <johnfofawn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to build my own softphone and I want to use one of the cheap
> > VOIP providers. If I want to use Vonage or Lingo should my software
> > support SIP or H.323?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > John
>
> I think they both use SIP.

Thanks for your post!

Do you happen to know of an SDK for Java or C# that can talk SIP?

Thanks,
John

In article <d89364bd.0411041731.11de49b1@posting.google.com>, John
wrote:
> Do you happen to know of an SDK for Java or C# that can talk SIP?

I just saw an announcement that gjtapi (http://gjtapi.sourceforge.net/)
now has a SIP capability.

Mike