Take a Look at the Nexus 4 in These Leaked Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

dthx

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
What's the purpose of putting an iPhone next to it on the photo ???
Must absolutely every smartphone be compared with a phone that still more than 99% of the earth's population doesn't own?

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
Hopefully this partnership means better support for OS updates with LG phones. Maybe we are going to start seeing less of a segmented Android phone market as well. Only time will tell.

Other than that, good for LG.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
I was looking at the LG phone and thinking, why is the front-facing camera off to the side. I then noticed the iPhone had its camera right in the middle. For those of us who like symmetry, Apple got it right! The most important question about this phone is, will it have an FM tuner? Second most important: With the current Nexus selling for $349, how much will this guy cost and will the 1-year old Nexus be phased out or go any lower? I want one. Currently using an off-contract carrier ($45 a month unlimited?) and I've been happy. Looking for a new android or WP8 device.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
[citation][nom]leeashton[/nom]FM tuner, who gives a f**k, download one lasy[/citation]Don't be rude. FM tuner is hardware based. I have TuneIn radio, but really would like the hardware based tuner. GS3 international version has one. The Nexus doesn't. It also means I wouldn't be eating up data and occasionally lose my cell connection when running on a local trail. It's a basic feature that carriers often take out of contract phones. About the FM tuner being the most important feature, I was kidding. The most important feature is if it cooks bacon.

Why LG? Their devices have barely been mediocre the last few years.

I'm still waiting for the Motorola Nexus. The other OEMs are successful enough that making a Nexus in-house won't impact their sales at all.

lasttimeii

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
wierd o,o copu paste from tech.online on google trans

The device is based on a 4-core Qualcomm processor with a frequency of 1.5 GHz, equipped with 2 GB of RAM and a storage capacity of 8 GB. Contrary to rumors, LG E960 got an 8-megapixel, not 13-megapixel camera. The smartphone has a screen with a diagonal of 4.7 ", whose resolution is 768 × 1280 pixels.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]dthx[/nom]What's the purpose of putting an iPhone next to it on the photo ???Must absolutely every smartphone be compared with a phone that still more than 99% of the earth's population doesn't own?[/citation]
1) Most people on planet earth can't afford a modern smart phone.
2) The side by side comparison is mostly for size comparison. If they held up some random phone that few people had seen or held it wouldn't make much sense. Comparing it to a phone most people have at least seen in a store, or held from a friend makes perfect sense. It also clearly shows off the Android phone's much larger screen.
3) Like it or not, Apple brought touchscreen phones to the mainstream. I don't even like Apple's phones, but belittling their influence is just being ridiculous.
4) If seeing an iPhone placed next to an Android phone gets your panties in a wad then you have issues. It's just a phone, get over it.

frombehind

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
[citation][nom]dthx[/nom]What's the purpose of putting an iPhone next to it on the photo ???Must absolutely every smartphone be compared with a phone that still more than 99% of the earth's population doesn't own?[/citation]

Even Samsung publicly admitted in their copyright trial admitted that in the phone industry, apple products are "the standard" that everything else is compared against.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
[citation][nom]boiler1990[/nom]Why LG? Their devices have barely been mediocre the last few years. I'm still waiting for the Motorola Nexus. The other OEMs are successful enough that making a Nexus in-house won't impact their sales at all.[/citation]

Yes and Samsung is sooo much bettter huh? I have had 3 LG phones and i can tell you i liked them better then my Samsung Galaxy S+, the S+ Looks cheap, works horribly, slower in some cases then my LG Optimus One, the stock rom on it is ******* RETARDED, and the fact that they are forcing me to use Gingerbread on a 1,4ghz Scorpion Soc because they can't fit in there retarded TouchWizz UI and ICS on the phone is just plain moronic, i had no choice when i bought this phone but i will go out of my way to avoid Samsung even more then before, i have to say this again : I NEVER HAD A SAMSUNG PRODUCT I LIKED PERIOD.

PS: Im not an Apple fan, i don't own an iPhone and i will never own anything made by Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.