Startup Annoyance

Whenever Windows is restarted, a box comes up that says to enter your
network password for Microsoft Networking. There's a box for user name, and
another for password. There is no password set up, and if you click on
cancel the box goes away and all is fine. Is there an easy way to just
eliminate this altogether? This machine is not used my multiple users, and I
can't find any thing under the network or password areas.

Thanks for any advise, Pat Mcderm

Is your system on a network? What kind of internet connection do you
have? Dial-up, DSL, cable?

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

"Patricia McDermott" <pjm@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> Whenever Windows is restarted, a box comes up that says to enter your
> network password for Microsoft Networking. There's a box for user
> name, and
> another for password. There is no password set up, and if you click on
> cancel the box goes away and all is fine. Is there an easy way to just
> eliminate this altogether? This machine is not used my multiple users,
> and I
> can't find any thing under the network or password areas.
>
> Thanks for any advise, Pat Mcderm

How to Prevent a Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Me Logon Prompt at Startup
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q152104

--

Brian A. Sesko
{ MS MVP_Shell/User }