May 2, 2006 12:30:26 AM

whats the best all round one.....!!!

1. G5
2.Razer Viper Diamondback Plasma
3.?
4.?

More about : gaming mus

May 2, 2006 12:42:27 AM

Is the question what is the best gaming mouse? Cause if it is, yes, get the Logitech G5.

DDay
May 2, 2006 12:58:15 AM

I have heard good things about both. Logitech is a great brand tho
Related resources
May 2, 2006 1:21:15 AM

Quote:
whats the best all round one.....!!!

1. G5
2.Razer Viper Diamondback Plasma
3.?
4.?

MX518

no no

intelli mouse 3.0

yeeeaaahhhh

=]
May 2, 2006 1:24:27 AM

Are you on crack! A microsoft mouse. The best gaming mouse is for sure the G5. I mean, there isn't even any competition.

DDay
May 2, 2006 1:46:58 AM

Im using a Microsoft Wireless Optical 2.0 (im not sure about the model number) its got the wheel the tilt thing and its optical and wireless... fantastic mouse honestly :) 
May 2, 2006 2:14:35 AM

Still can't beat the resolution and speed of the G5. Its just garunteed. You would be able to see the difference if you played around with one.

DDay
May 2, 2006 2:19:19 AM

Probably right hmmmm ill look into it im comming into some spare cash here soon so I may just buy one of those G5's :)  70ish ? along with about 1,000$ in other parts (ram and video card/cards) I should be ready to game lol
May 2, 2006 2:35:04 AM

The G5 is excellent! If you want wireless then go G7. I got the G5 for $40 including rebate which I should be receiving any day now. lol :lol: 
May 2, 2006 3:16:33 AM

G5 has been an amazing mouse for me and the only complaint i have is the lack of 2 thumb buttons buts thats a minor issue. The mouse is smooth, responsive, and has on the fly DPI switching. This becomes very useful in games like Battlefield 2 when you go from Tank whore, to Assault, to Sniping and need the change in DPI to maintain accuracy. All in all its worth the cash, and its so comfratable, it feels like it belongs in your hand.

PS weight adjustment isn't a 1/2 bad feature.
May 2, 2006 3:26:00 AM

I've got friends that have this mouse, thats why im so vehement. And yeah, the weight adjustment is a really good feature. Also, if you don't use the DPI change, you can change both of those buttons into other bottons using Logitech's software.

DDay
May 2, 2006 3:28:37 AM

Good point. All the buttons are configureable to do anythign you want except the damn side scroll wheel which is limited to doublewide spreadsheets and IE type apps lol.
May 2, 2006 3:35:49 AM

Wait, that doesn't work in programs like InDesign? I guess I'll have to download some aditional software then. Oh, the other reason I love it is that I'm going to be getting it. Along with the G15. I LOVE YOU LOGITECH.

DDay
May 2, 2006 3:50:27 AM

Idk I have never used INDesign. You think you love logitech?

Speakers:
Logitech Z-680

Mouse:
2x G5

Keyboard:
PS/2 Logitech Media Keyboard
G15

Headset:
Logitech USB

I totaly understand your loyalty to them :D 
May 2, 2006 3:54:55 AM

You should change your Profile to:
Quote:
I am a Logitech Fanboy and Proud of It!

Oh, and how is that headset, or should I even ask?

lol

I need one of high quality but not too expenisive that is good for voip and BF2. Mostly BF2.

DDay
May 2, 2006 3:58:27 AM

Its not too bad. its got a decent mic, just the ear cups are kinda akward since they are smaller than my ears, but still a solid set. There are probably better ones. Honestly what i wanted was to be able to pair my bluetooth headset I use for my cellphone with my computers (yes I have a BT dongle for it) and use that for the mic part but no matter what I did it wouldn't work. So I settled for a moderate headset that I don't use too often.

Thanks for labling me a fan boy 8O

All in good fun i know.
May 2, 2006 3:59:36 AM

I used a few Microsoft mouse's ( corded & wirless ), and they were NOT as good as my Logitech MX 510, a little older but still a good mouse.
May 2, 2006 4:06:08 AM

I have used a few Logitech mice in my day:

G5
MX1000
MX900
MX700
MX510
MX518
stray roller ball mouse or 2
and a few stray other ones I can't name

Honestly the best ones are the wired gaming mice. The G7 works very well especially since they included 2 battery packs, but prior to that I ran out of battery several times in battles (just a wireless mouse issue) it was not fun, since that fiasco I have stuck to wired mice.

Note: damn it almost 600 posts 8O
May 2, 2006 4:18:38 AM

I started with a POS A4 tech mouse.

Got irratated with replacing batteries too often also. Plus a few little glitches with the M$ mouse's, not very acurate and a little jumpy.
May 2, 2006 4:49:11 AM

my microsoft 'wheel mouse optical USB' i hate
May 2, 2006 5:07:29 AM

I just generally put that label on anything that is M$.

:D 

DDay
May 2, 2006 12:38:18 PM

Quote:
I just generally put that label on anything that is M$.

:D 

DDay

They do make decent keyboards though. 8) Also I remember a great joystick. True their software side is lacking. :D 
May 2, 2006 1:25:32 PM

I use an old Microsoft Intelli mouse wireless. It sucks. My old wired Microsoft mouse also sucked. Get the MX518, wireless mice suck.
May 2, 2006 2:06:28 PM

G5 all the way, there is no other mouse and if you game at all other than freecell you don't want a wireless one to much hassle if you screw up or your signal gets interrupted or something similar...
May 2, 2006 2:16:28 PM

Quote:
G5 has been an amazing mouse for me and the only complaint i have is the lack of 2 thumb buttons buts thats a minor issue. The mouse is smooth, responsive, and has on the fly DPI switching. This becomes very useful in games like Battlefield 2 when you go from Tank whore, to Assault, to Sniping and need the change in DPI to maintain accuracy. All in all its worth the cash, and its so comfratable, it feels like it belongs in your hand.

PS weight adjustment isn't a 1/2 bad feature.

I have the G5 too and totally agree! The lack of the 2nd button is annoying, but its minor.

G5 is $46 at Newegg.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
May 2, 2006 2:25:25 PM

I have the G7. And it's just lovely...

I would consider myself a logitech fanboy, too btw:

G15, Headset, MOMO, MX1000 on second PC, the 512 on laptop, quickcam sphere.......

I never got disappointed with a logi product. They are just innovative and the quality is ok.
!