QUERY

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
July 5, 2005 6:46:07 PM

I am using a HP Pavilion with Windows98 Second Edition.
I would like to unpartition a partioned 40 GB disk?
I would also like to know as to how to change from FAT 16 to FAT 32?
Thanking you
Kind regards
Capt K Ripendran

More about : query

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 6:46:08 PM

"Capt K Ripendran" <ripendran@dataone.in> wrote in news:eafJdHUgFHA.1044
@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

> I am using a HP Pavilion with Windows98 Second Edition.
> I would like to unpartition a partioned 40 GB disk?

The only way to do it with W98 utilities is using fdisk to delete all
partitions, and then to use fdisk again to create a new bigger one. This
will destroy all data on disk. You can also use third party software like
partition magic, this tool can repartition a disk without detroying the
contents.

> I would also like to know as to how to change from FAT 16 to FAT 32?

W98 has a tool for this. I can't remember the name, it's in the start menu
under 'system tools'. If it's not there, you'll have to install it from CD.
Partition magic can also do this. When you format a partition bigger than
512MB it will be FAT32 by default.
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 6:46:08 PM

http://www.bootitng.com/ 's BootIt NG, has a variety of backup
capabilities: Copy to HDD, or Image to HDD or to CD. (TBIView, freely
downloadable, can retrieve individual files from an Image.)
Shrink/expand your partitions without data loss. Multi-boot, if you
dare. Free, run from floppy, but pay up as I did if satisfied. To
install & use beyond 30 days, $34.95.

http://home.wanadoo.nl/geurt/home.html Extended Operating System Loader
http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic Partition Magic
http://www.ranish.com/part/ Ranish Partition Manager
http://www.v-com.com/product/pc_ind.html Partition Commander
http://www.zeleps.com/ Partition re-sizer (Free)

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
"Capt K Ripendran" <ripendran@dataone.in> wrote in message
| I am using a HP Pavilion with Windows98 Second Edition.
| I would like to unpartition a partioned 40 GB disk?
| I would also like to know as to how to change from FAT 16 to FAT 32?
| Thanking you
| Kind regards
| Capt K Ripendran

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 6:46:09 PM

| W98 has a tool for this. I can't remember the name,

"START button Help, Search tab, Drive Converter". But I've never done
that & don't know how well it goes.

--

!