I need to upgrade an old Win 95 laptop to Win98

I'll look on Ebay, can somebody tell me what to look for? I inherited a
Compaq Presario, Pentium, 32Mb RAM, 3 Gb hard drive, I don't have the
version of 95 but I need the straight 98 to match my existing computer.

TIA

Steve
2 answers Last reply
More about upgrade laptop win98

    > I'll look on Ebay, can somebody tell me what to look for? I inherited
    > Compaq Presario, Pentium, 32Mb RAM, 3 Gb hard drive, I don't have the
    > version of 95 but I need the straight 98 to match my existing computer.

    Goto eBay(I'm using eBay.ca) - Computer and Networking, Software, Operating
    Systems, Windows, Windows 98.

    HTH,
    jkb

    Bad, BAD idea. Older laptops do not take well to installing copies of
    Windows that have not been customized for that brand of laptop. There have
    been cases where the laptop itself has been physically damaged by the
    process. Unless your laptop manufacturer supports the upgrade, don't!

    "Steve" <stevered@nospam.acadia.net> wrote in message
    > I'll look on Ebay, can somebody tell me what to look for? I inherited a
    > Compaq Presario, Pentium, 32Mb RAM, 3 Gb hard drive, I don't have the
    > version of 95 but I need the straight 98 to match my existing computer.
    >

    > TIA
    >
    > Steve

Windows