I need to upgrade an old Win 95 laptop to Win98

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
July 5, 2005 8:50:46 PM

I'll look on Ebay, can somebody tell me what to look for? I inherited a
Compaq Presario, Pentium, 32Mb RAM, 3 Gb hard drive, I don't have the
version of 95 but I need the straight 98 to match my existing computer.

TIA

Steve
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 9:11:02 PM

> I'll look on Ebay, can somebody tell me what to look for? I inherited
> Compaq Presario, Pentium, 32Mb RAM, 3 Gb hard drive, I don't have the
> version of 95 but I need the straight 98 to match my existing computer.

Goto eBay(I'm using eBay.ca) - Computer and Networking, Software, Operating
Systems, Windows, Windows 98.

HTH,
jkb
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 10:28:51 PM

Bad, BAD idea. Older laptops do not take well to installing copies of
Windows that have not been customized for that brand of laptop. There have
been cases where the laptop itself has been physically damaged by the
process. Unless your laptop manufacturer supports the upgrade, don't!

!