Gary, reformat

I thought I would try that, if I can figure out how? Will D: show up
> in BootIt NG? I think when I reformatted
> the HD I removed C: and formatted without removing D: partition
> first.
> D: shows up in windows explorer but not in FDISK as well as I can
> remember. As far as I know D: is empty space, will anything need to
> be
> formatted.
> I D/L BING and MAKEDISK. I have
> extracted the files and have all in makedisk folder, thought I would
> copy whole folder to cd
> and install on her PC. Will that work?

Thanks

> OliverK
4 answers Last reply
More about gary reformat

    Answered in the original thread. Sorry to have taken so long to reply.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    "OliverK" <Undone@msn.com> wrote in message
    >I thought I would try that, if I can figure out how? Will D: show up
    >> in BootIt NG? I think when I reformatted
    >> the HD I removed C: and formatted without removing D: partition
    >> first.
    >> D: shows up in windows explorer but not in FDISK as well as I can
    >> remember. As far as I know D: is empty space, will anything need to
    >> be
    >> formatted.
    >> I D/L BING and MAKEDISK. I have
    >> extracted the files and have all in makedisk folder, thought I would
    >> copy whole folder to cd
    >> and install on her PC. Will that work?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    >> OliverK

    Be patient, OliverK. Terhune may have fallen into another earthquake--
    BUT I'm sure his Poodles will tug him out! In the meantime, I would
    separate those downloads. Create a folder called "C:\Program
    Files\TeraByte\Boot It NG", & move the following files into it...

    C:\Program Files\TeraByte\Boot It NG>dir /on
    BOOTITNG PIF 967 06-26-05 5:38p BOOTITNG.PIF
    BOOTITNG EXE 85,698 08-15-04 6:01p BOOTITNG.EXE
    BOOTITNG PDF 277,704 04-12-05 12:27a bootitng.pdf
    DEPLOY TXT 3,142 12-08-02 11:08a deploy.txt
    DISKIMG3 DAT 1,474,560 06-05-05 9:32p DISKIMG3.DAT
    FILE_ID DIZ 431 12-08-02 10:59a FILE_ID.DIZ
    GRAPHICS ZIP 2,277 12-07-02 7:48p graphics.zip
    LICENSE TXT 32,297 06-05-05 9:28p license.txt
    MAKEDISK CFG 1,117 09-29-04 11:11p MAKEDISK.CFG
    ORDER TXT 2,333 12-07-02 7:27p ORDER.TXT
    PAD_FILE XML 21,487 06-05-05 9:33p pad_file.xml
    PAD_FILE HTM 6,936 06-05-05 9:33p pad_file.htm
    PURCHA~1 URL 74 09-26-02 10:51a Purchase BootIt NG.url
    VENDINFO DIZ 21,059 06-05-05 9:33p VENDINFO.DIZ

    , or just unpack the original download (BootItNG.zip) into there. Note
    there is a MAKEDISK.CFG file in there. (The other Makedisk files should
    be in a folder of their own.) Now, click BOOTITNG.EXE, as Terhune said,
    to create the Maintenance Floppy, & wait for him in the original thread.
    May as well click BOOTITNG.PDF too, as he may have gained a pound/two
    since last time.

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,

    > Be patient, OliverK. Terhune may have fallen into another earthquake--

    I still say get Partition Magic back from the neighbour.
    (whether or whether not o/p has prob' solved)

    ...Rex..

    I suppose that may be just as well or well enough for his current
    purpose. BootIt NG is more than just a partitioning tool, though.

    --
    "Rex" <Rex@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    | > Be patient, OliverK. Terhune may have fallen into another
    earthquake--

    | I still say get Partition Magic back from the neighbour.
    | (whether or whether not o/p has prob' solved)
    |
    | ..Rex..

Windows