Gainward 512mb 7900gt info??

adamryer

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2006
Anywone have any info, street release date/price, on the Gainward 7900gt with 512mb of ram? Ive read that its pretty much a gtx with lower volts, but with a voltmod this thing could OC like crazy!

bluntside

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Never heard anything about it. Dont think they will, they will loose money,because GEEKS likes us will take advantage, buy the cheaper card, MOD IT, and there you go, An inexpensive flagship by Nvidia, and in your own home :twisted:

adamryer

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2006
no its already been released in a few countries, i believe australia is one, but they are comming out with one. Sure its more expensive because of the extra ram, but you can still voltmod it and u will get even more performance than if you voltmodded a 256mb gt.

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
It's actually called the 7800GS+; I'd assume it overclocks well but the volt mod would be a little bit different due to the different board. I'm also wondering how that signal converting chip does with massive overclocking.

babyfacdmurdrer

Distinguished
May 12, 2006
info: Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GS+ SILENT 512MB
A 256-bit memory interface and fast GDDR3 memory enable blazing graphics performance with the quality set to max so you don’t have to choose between frame rates and image quality. If you are searching for an extreme HD gaming and video experience on the PC, look no further than a Geforce 7900 GPU. This is a one production run of 7900 GT's made available for AGP users making these truly the quickest AGP cards ever produced and extremely overclockable with 500MHz core speed easily achievable along with 1400MHz memory speed when overclocking.

Gainward do it again! This is the only 7900GT card with 24 pixel pipelines available on AGP. Then along with its 512MB of super-fast GDDR3 memory making this the worlds fastest AGP card ever produced. There is only 1500 units available worldwide!! So be quick as this is a deal not to be missed!

- GeForce™ 7900 GT GPU running at 450MHz+ (Great Overclocking Potential)
- 512MB 1250MHz+ high speed GDDR3 memory (Great Overclocking Potential)
- Superscalar 24-Pipe GPU Architecture
- SILENT Cooling solution
- High-Speed DDR 256-bit Memory Interface
- Dual 400MHz RAMDACs
- Dual link DVI support
- Shader Model 3.0 Support
- True High Dynamic Range Rendering Support – Based on Open EXR technology

i should add that it is a dual slot (wish i knew that before i bought it but iss all good)
release date: it's out naow-they still have some left
price: i got it from overclockers.uk in England for about $560 USD including shipping from royal mail - ordered it on May 1st it was here in Brooklyn, NY in six days
i'm really happy with the performance increase from a X850XT PE-the 24 pipelines DO make a difference despite the lower clocks
iss runnin' on a 430W Seasonic S-12
i wanted to get a ill AGP card that could buy me some more time so i can save dough for couple more years to waste on a new ridiculously ludacris pc
i understand you can overclock it but do most ppl use the tools that come with the card or do you guys have a better option? please advise. i've tryd to OC my X850 with the default OC tool but i got artifacting and a black screen with relatively minimal OC'ing and a zalman cooler-idle@36C/load@55C thankx

TRENDING THREADS