Choppy Intro Video

When I start-up one of the newer PC games, the introductory video runs choppy
but the game runs fine. What's the solution?
5 answers Last reply
More about choppy intro video

    "b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I start-up one of the newer PC games, the introductory video runs
    choppy
    > but the game runs fine. What's the solution?

    A faster video card or CPU?

    If your system barely meets the game's requirements,
    try terminating programs running in the background?

    Run at a lower screen resolution?

    Read the README file or the manual,
    for tips on increasing performance?

    If your PC exceeds the game's requirements,
    the problem may be driver incompatibility.

    Make sure that your Video and Sound drivers
    are up to date?

    Don't watch the introductory video.
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I start-up one of the newer PC games, the introductory video runs choppy
    > but the game runs fine. What's the solution?

    "b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I start-up one of the newer PC games, the introductory video runs
    choppy
    > but the game runs fine. What's the solution?

    Remembering my former PC, MS Ages of Empires series had that problem. The
    intro ran from the CD. Had no choice as the program ran that first. Mouse
    clicks sequenced and stepped to the next intro video, then the next. There
    are 3 of them.

    If your problem is similar, would suggest the source of the video is the
    problem. The Cd player is too slow, the ide bus, the bus to/from memory is
    saturated, or the video card simply can't handle it. A generic answer of
    one of these is inappropriate considering the information provided.

    But the video is on the hard drive!

    "Lil' Dave" wrote:

    > "b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > When I start-up one of the newer PC games, the introductory video runs
    > choppy
    > > but the game runs fine. What's the solution?
    >
    > Remembering my former PC, MS Ages of Empires series had that problem. The
    > intro ran from the CD. Had no choice as the program ran that first. Mouse
    > clicks sequenced and stepped to the next intro video, then the next. There
    > are 3 of them.
    >
    > If your problem is similar, would suggest the source of the video is the
    > problem. The Cd player is too slow, the ide bus, the bus to/from memory is
    > saturated, or the video card simply can't handle it. A generic answer of
    > one of these is inappropriate considering the information provided.

    >But the video file is on the harddrive!

Video Microsoft Windows