Choppy Intro Video

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
July 6, 2005 8:33:02 PM

When I start-up one of the newer PC games, the introductory video runs choppy
but the game runs fine. What's the solution?

More about : choppy intro video

Anonymous
July 7, 2005 1:43:14 AM

"b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I start-up one of the newer PC games, the introductory video runs
choppy
> but the game runs fine. What's the solution?

A faster video card or CPU?

If your system barely meets the game's requirements,
try terminating programs running in the background?

Run at a lower screen resolution?

Read the README file or the manual,
for tips on increasing performance?

If your PC exceeds the game's requirements,
the problem may be driver incompatibility.

Make sure that your Video and Sound drivers
are up to date?
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 2:35:05 AM

Don't watch the introductory video.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I start-up one of the newer PC games, the introductory video runs choppy
> but the game runs fine. What's the solution?
July 7, 2005 10:31:44 AM

"b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I start-up one of the newer PC games, the introductory video runs
choppy
> but the game runs fine. What's the solution?

Remembering my former PC, MS Ages of Empires series had that problem. The
intro ran from the CD. Had no choice as the program ran that first. Mouse
clicks sequenced and stepped to the next intro video, then the next. There
are 3 of them.

If your problem is similar, would suggest the source of the video is the
problem. The Cd player is too slow, the ide bus, the bus to/from memory is
saturated, or the video card simply can't handle it. A generic answer of
one of these is inappropriate considering the information provided.
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 6:25:07 PM

But the video is on the hard drive!

"Lil' Dave" wrote:

> "b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I start-up one of the newer PC games, the introductory video runs
> choppy
> > but the game runs fine. What's the solution?
>
> Remembering my former PC, MS Ages of Empires series had that problem. The
> intro ran from the CD. Had no choice as the program ran that first. Mouse
> clicks sequenced and stepped to the next intro video, then the next. There
> are 3 of them.
>
> If your problem is similar, would suggest the source of the video is the
> problem. The Cd player is too slow, the ide bus, the bus to/from memory is
> saturated, or the video card simply can't handle it. A generic answer of
> one of these is inappropriate considering the information provided.

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 8:50:02 PM

!