Deleted the dial up icon now Word" file name remains

Tim

In the Dial-up Newworking, I have my dial-up icon which I deleted it as I do
not want it anymore. Now, i discovered that when I try to delete my "word"
files from "my documents", the file will be deleted but the title or name of
the files still remains .

When you are in 'word' application, you can still see the fiel name on the
right hand side.

When you left click the file name, it will give you a dialogue page saying
""The doucment name or path is not valid. try these suggestions
-check the permissios for the documents or drive
-use the File Open dialogue box to locate the documents""
When you right click it, it says " What;s This?"

Using word 2002 (10.2627.2625 loaded from Microsoft office xp.

I do not know for sure if it is related to my deletion of the network icon,
but thats the status, please help , thanks

From your description, no, they do not appear to be related at all. However, you've
lost me here:
"> When you are in 'word' application, you can still see the fiel name on the
> right hand side.
*Where* on the right-hand side of what?
I am using Word 2002 from office XP, and I don't see what you are referring to.

It sounds like you mean a list of "Recently Opened" documents, showing names of docs
that you have deleted. In that case, you are looking to remove the names from the
MRU list. That is a Word-specific question, and you would get a better answer if
you asked in an Office XP or Word 2002 group.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In the Dial-up Newworking, I have my dial-up icon which I deleted it as I do
> not want it anymore. Now, i discovered that when I try to delete my "word"
> files from "my documents", the file will be deleted but the title or name of
> the files still remains .
>
> When you are in 'word' application, you can still see the fiel name on the
> right hand side.
>
> When you left click the file name, it will give you a dialogue page saying
> ""The doucment name or path is not valid. try these suggestions
> -check the permissios for the documents or drive
> -use the File Open dialogue box to locate the documents""
> When you right click it, it says " What;s This?"
>
> Using word 2002 (10.2627.2625 loaded from Microsoft office xp.
>
> I do not know for sure if it is related to my deletion of the network icon,
> but thats the status, please help , thanks

Tim

Many thanks and sorted out with all your help

"glee" wrote:

> From your description, no, they do not appear to be related at all. However, you've
> lost me here:
> "> When you are in 'word' application, you can still see the fiel name on the
> > right hand side.
> *Where* on the right-hand side of what?
> I am using Word 2002 from office XP, and I don't see what you are referring to.
>
> It sounds like you mean a list of "Recently Opened" documents, showing names of docs
> that you have deleted. In that case, you are looking to remove the names from the
> MRU list. That is a Word-specific question, and you would get a better answer if
> you asked in an Office XP or Word 2002 group.
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In the Dial-up Newworking, I have my dial-up icon which I deleted it as I do
> > not want it anymore. Now, i discovered that when I try to delete my "word"
> > files from "my documents", the file will be deleted but the title or name of
> > the files still remains .
> >
> > When you are in 'word' application, you can still see the fiel name on the
> > right hand side.
> >
> > When you left click the file name, it will give you a dialogue page saying
> > ""The doucment name or path is not valid. try these suggestions
> > -check the permissios for the documents or drive
> > -use the File Open dialogue box to locate the documents""
> > When you right click it, it says " What;s This?"
> >
> > Using word 2002 (10.2627.2625 loaded from Microsoft office xp.
> >
> > I do not know for sure if it is related to my deletion of the network icon,
> > but thats the status, please help , thanks

Glad to hear it....no doubt sorted by Alan's response, as mine was not all that
helpful.
--

> Many thanks and sorted out with all your help
>
> "glee" wrote:
>
> > From your description, no, they do not appear to be related at all. However,
you've
> > lost me here:
> > "> When you are in 'word' application, you can still see the fiel name on the
> > > right hand side.
> > *Where* on the right-hand side of what?
> > I am using Word 2002 from office XP, and I don't see what you are referring to.
> >
> > It sounds like you mean a list of "Recently Opened" documents, showing names of
docs
> > that you have deleted. In that case, you are looking to remove the names from
the
> > MRU list. That is a Word-specific question, and you would get a better answer
if
> > you asked in an Office XP or Word 2002 group.
> > --
> > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> >

> > "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > In the Dial-up Newworking, I have my dial-up icon which I deleted it as I do
> > > not want it anymore. Now, i discovered that when I try to delete my "word"
> > > files from "my documents", the file will be deleted but the title or name of
> > > the files still remains .
> > >
> > > When you are in 'word' application, you can still see the fiel name on the
> > > right hand side.
> > >
> > > When you left click the file name, it will give you a dialogue page saying
> > > ""The doucment name or path is not valid. try these suggestions
> > > -check the permissios for the documents or drive
> > > -use the File Open dialogue box to locate the documents""
> > > When you right click it, it says " What;s This?"
> > >
> > > Using word 2002 (10.2627.2625 loaded from Microsoft office xp.
> > >
> > > I do not know for sure if it is related to my deletion of the network icon,
> > > but thats the status, please help , thanks

I see no connection with deleting a Dial-up Networking icon.
Unless I am misreading your post, you are only looking at the
"Recently used file list" and that will retain entries (though they
are not useable) after you delete the files. That is normal.

You can either:
1. Ignore them, as they will do no harm and eventually be replaced.
2. Remove all on the list by Word-Tools-Options-General tab. Change
the Recently used file list to zero and they will vanish. Change it
back to whatever number of files you wish to keep names for.

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, tim