Sign in with
Your question

754pin + SATAII + PCI-E + Dual DDR ?

Last response: in Motherboards
May 2, 2006 7:48:04 AM

I'm looking to upgrade to a PCI-E mobo, but I'm happy with the rest of my system (Athlon64 3400+ 754pin, 2Gb G.Skill 2-3-2-5 DDR400) so I don't want to change CPU/memory. It's sure be nice to be able to use my SATAII drive and dual channel memory at their best though, so...

Are there any motherboards out there that cover the following requirements:
754pin (Athlon 64)
SATAII support
PCI-E
Dual Channel DDR support

When I do my searches I tend to get drenched in results for 939pin boards... I'm pretty sure there are 754pin boards out there that can cover this, but need a little help...

8O
May 2, 2006 8:16:54 AM

Socket 754 lacks dual channel DDR but does support PCI-E. The real world differences between "SATAI" & "SATAII" are minimal.
a b V Motherboard
May 2, 2006 8:39:36 AM

Forget 754, goto 939 and dual channel is only with 939 and not 754, 939 also supports dual core etc.

Quote:
I'm looking to upgrade to a PCI-E mobo, but I'm happy with the rest of my system (Athlon64 3400+ 754pin, 2Gb G.Skill 2-3-2-5 DDR400) so I don't want to change CPU/memory. It's sure be nice to be able to use my SATAII drive and dual channel memory at their best though, so...

754pin (Athlon 64)
SATAII support
PCI-E
Dual Channel DDR support

When I do my searches I tend to get drenched in results for 939pin boards... I'm pretty sure there are 754pin boards out there that can cover this, but need a little help...

8O
Related resources
May 2, 2006 9:59:00 AM

Quote:

754pin (Athlon 64)
SATAII support
PCI-E
Dual Channel DDR support

8O

Epox has one motherboard that would probably give you what you want... it even has SLI.

As for dual channel, your CPU don't have dual memory controller, so it work single channel. But don't worry, the 3400 is plenty fast just like it is, especially if it is the 2.4 GHz one.Dual channel may boost performance up by 10% for comparable clock speed.
!