Have cable modem, can't register Windows 98 online - HELP

I can't register Windows 98 online because I can't select my modem. It's a
cable modem, it's not in the list, and I don't have a disk for it. How do I
get around this?

Don't register....it is not required, and probably does not even work any longer.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"sunglow456" <sunglow456@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can't register Windows 98 online because I can't select my modem. It's a
> cable modem, it's not in the list, and I don't have a disk for it. How do I
> get around this?

If you can't get on the 'net using your cable modem then you should contact
your ISP for installation instructions. The modem you are using has nothing
to do with registering W98, and I doubt if MS even supports on-line
registration for W98 any more.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)