need a windows driver for USB Card Reader

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Have a Syntax USB Card reader. While hooking up my Windows 98 first edition
computer to Road Runner, the windows driver for this device was probably
deleted. It had worked last summer.
The tech at Syntax sent me a driver download but said that I would have to
search Microsoft.com for the windows driver. (it apparently takes 2 to
operate this device) I have been unable to locate it at that site. Anyone can
help????

"Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have a Syntax USB Card reader. While hooking up my Windows 98 first
edition
> computer to Road Runner, the windows driver for this device was
probably
> deleted. It had worked last summer.
> The tech at Syntax sent me a driver download but said that I would
have to
> search Microsoft.com for the windows driver. (it apparently takes 2 to
> operate this device) I have been unable to locate it at that site.
Anyone can
> help????

Phil.,
Does this help? http://www.datafabusa.com/tbs_usb_card_reader.htm

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

You need a driver for USB and you need a driver for any device that you want
to connect using USB as the connection bus. Which one are you missing? If
it's the device, then you need to contact the device manufacturer. If it's
the USB driver, then you need to contact the manufacturer of your system
board (if USB is built in) or the manufacturer of the adapter. I doubt that
MS has any drivers.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)