Multiple Iexplore

kais

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004

I have a problem with multiple instances of Iexplore loading on my Win98
system. Most recently I have tried to run ScanDisk but can not because an
application keeps accessing the hard drive causing Scan Disk to restart.
When I go to Task Manager, I have 10 instances of Iexplore running. I run
Adaware and Norton Internet Security on a regular basis.

Check for Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/Darnit.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis
(http://aumha.net/downloads/hijackthis.zip) is the preferred tool to
use. It will help you to both identify and remove any hijackware/spyware.
**Post your files to http://forums.spywareinfo.com/,
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html or
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 for expert analysis, not here.**

--