Antec NeoHE vs TruePower 2

jayb59874

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
Hi there finally getting around to ordering my parts this week, I realise that the PSU is an important piece of the equation and was tryign to work out the difference between these 2 PSU's apart from that 1 has a 80mm fan and is 'very efficient' and the other has 120mm fan?

I am intending to purchase a P180 case if that makes a difference. The rest of my system will be A8N-E MOBO, 3700+ san diego, X1800XT, WD 250Gb hard drive with 16Mb buffer. 2 x 1 Gb sticks of ram.

On the basis of the spec I have outlined would a 430w be enough power out of intereest or do I need to go higher?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

G

I was making the same decision about 3 months ago (see sig) and went with the Smartpower 2.0. My main reason for that was at the time there were many reports of ASUS mobos not playing nicely with the NeoHE supplies. I believe this issue has been resolved by now...

The TruPower line is "one up" from the SmartPower line, but honestly, Antec makes such reliable PSUs, I didn't think the TP2.0 was worth the extra either.

Given that, is the NeoHE really worth the price? The SP2.0 is dead quiet in the P180 case (such good airflow in the PS chamber), has the modular cabling system (a MUST for the P180, you'll thank me after your 8 hour install), plus Silent PC Review gave them high marks for power output and stablilty.

Save some dough and go with the SP2.0.

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
Hi there finally getting around to ordering my parts this week, I realise that the PSU is an important piece of the equation and was tryign to work out the difference between these 2 PSU's apart from that 1 has a 80mm fan and is 'very efficient' and the other has 120mm fan?

I am intending to purchase a P180 case if that makes a difference. The rest of my system will be A8N-E MOBO, 3700+ san diego, X1800XT, WD 250Gb hard drive with 16Mb buffer. 2 x 1 Gb sticks of ram.

On the basis of the spec I have outlined would a 430w be enough power out of intereest or do I need to go higher?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

NeoHE.

why? quieter PSU, the 80mm fan is really quiet.
modular
better than smart power, alot.

Neo HE is the way to go if u got th emoney NeoHE

and if u have money get the NeoPower 480w, they are hard to find.

jayb59874

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
I am thinking of buying the p150 as it comes with a 430w NeoHe included in the price and using the money that I save for maybe a zalman vga fan to cut down the noise of the 1800xt. To be honest with what I save I can probably afford a scythe ninja too, the price difference between a P150 and a P180 + a decent PSU is quite large here in the UK.

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
same in the US, go for it, but if u can wait it out do so the NSK 6500 will be pretty much a better cooled Black!!! P150.

look on antec's site for it.

same PSU as the P150

Blacksword

Distinguished
May 5, 2006
Something I found out the hard way about Antec NeoHE power supplies...

Quote from Antec Tech Support...

Their is a compatibility issue with the Asus boards, and the Neo He. You might want to swap out the power suppy first with a spare power supply if you have one, and get the lastest bio's updates. The retail outlets will not have the revision. Since the compatibility is with Asus boards only we have the revision. You will need an RMA in order to get the revision.