Can I access my broadband router from Tenerife using a lap..

I'm off to Tenerife on holiday soon and I wish to take my HP Omnibook
XE3 containing a 3Com PCMCIA wireless notebook network card but can I
access my broadband 3Com OfficeConnect wireless router from abroad?

Through a VPN perhaps?

http://www.symantec.com/pcanywhere/
http://www.gotomypc.com/
http://secure.logmein.com/dmcq/051/home.asp
--
Adaware http://www.lavasoft.de
spybot http://security.kolla.de

Grateful thanks to the authors and webmasters
_
"Robert Gething" <virusking1052733@aol.com> wrote in message
| I'm off to Tenerife on holiday soon and I wish to take my HP Omnibook
| XE3 containing a 3Com PCMCIA wireless notebook network card but can I
| access my broadband 3Com OfficeConnect wireless router from abroad?
|
| Through a VPN perhaps?

A genuine router can normally only be accessed on the internal, not external
side.

I have run across a webpage that did just that by planting a file to access
the router internally. Luckily, I changed the password when I installed the
router. And, became obvious to me when the router access TPC/IP screen
showed asking for the password.