save folders to a disk for backup

Does anyone know how I go about saving the folders in My Documents to a disk
for backup?

"Rosebud" <stan.rosalie@mail.verizon.net> wrote in message

> Does anyone know how I go about saving the folders in My Documents to a
disk
> for backup?

Drag and Drop,
or use a BATch file to XXCOPY *.*

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Right click the folder and select copy. Open Windows Explorer to the drive
containing the disk you want to back up to. Right click the drive and
select paste.
--
Regards

Ron Badour, MS MVP for W98
Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
Knowledge Base Info:

"Rosebud" <stan.rosalie@mail.verizon.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how I go about saving the folders in My Documents to a
> disk for backup?

Just the folders, no files?

"Rosebud" <stan.rosalie@mail.verizon.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how I go about saving the folders in My Documents to a
disk
> for backup?

Blair

You are correct telling Rosebud how to backup folders as a one off backup
but should he/she not be advised to use a backup programme in order to
regularly backup data with incremental backups?
Blair

"Ron Badour" <Sorry@NoAddress.com> wrote in message
> Right click the folder and select copy. Open Windows Explorer to the
drive
> containing the disk you want to back up to. Right click the drive and
> select paste.
> --
> Regards
>

> Ron Badour, MS MVP for W98
> Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
> Knowledge Base Info:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbinfo
>

> "Rosebud" <stan.rosalie@mail.verizon.net> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know how I go about saving the folders in My Documents to a
> > disk for backup?

Backup programmes are useful if they allow you to access media such as tape
that is otherwise difficult or impossible to access. They do help to
automate the process. Otherwise, they offer little advantage over manual
procedures, particularly if OP is intending to use the data on another
machine, or if OP ever needs to restore the data to a new machine. This is
particularly true of incremental backups, which often confuse people to the
extent that when they need their data either they discover that they haven't
kept the correct sets of backups, or they simply can't fathom how to get
their data back from the multiple incremental copies.

If it's only a single folder and if it's to another disk then drag and drop
is simple, it enables you to access the copy using procedures you are
familiar with, and it can be restored in virtually any situation.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
"Blair" <darrach@coille.com> wrote in message
> You are correct telling Rosebud how to backup folders as a one off backup
> but should he/she not be advised to use a backup programme in order to
> regularly backup data with incremental backups?
> Blair

Blair

I agree with all you are saying. I hope Rosebud will tell us if it is one
folder and 30 folders he is intending to backup
Blair