Rumor: Google Nexus 10 Shipping in First Half 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope this doesn't come at Samsung prices.

I think the better release timing for this would be prior to the next iPad - if you can saturate the market prior to the a release, it dissuades people from buying the competing product.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
After doing tons of research, i decided to buy a kindle fire hd ( i really love this thing!)

I just couldn't convince myself to buy a Nexus 7 with all the quality control issues Google was having with the device. I'm kind of amazed at how many reviewers recommended it over the kindle fire hd, and completely ignored the qc issues and instead were focused only on specs. Hopefully they will eliminate these issues with future Nexus models.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
For the thumbs down trolls ... Go do some research and you'll see there is a host of issues that plague the Nexus 7.

Let me list a few:
-Flickering screen
-Screen Separation
-Screen Cracking (Nexus 7 does not use Gorilla Glass)
-Complete slow down/lag when storage is close to capacity
-Backlight bleed and other screen artifacts

Just google it and you'll see the number of complaints.

G

Remember only problem shows up on search,
if you have no problem you happily play with your device.

But i gotta say, I bought an ipad 3 recently and the build is pretty nice, good feel,and it's really nice to surf web and watch vid with.
But that's about it.
I can't seem to find any nice VNC / SSH apps when android have so many you can use,
you can't do anything useful apple products, just alot of...... gimmicks

If only i can put android on an ipad, it would be perfect :D

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]beardguy[/nom]For the thumbs down trolls ... Go do some research and you'll see there is a host of issues that plague the Nexus 7.Let me list a few: -Flickering screen -Screen Separation -Screen Cracking (Nexus 7 does not use Gorilla Glass)-Complete slow down/lag when storage is close to capacity -Backlight bleed and other screen artifactsJust google it and you'll see the number of complaints.[/citation]

You forgot to list something critical, it was made by Asus.

sslapikas

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
I am glad it is not made by Acer.
Seriously, everyone can make high quality device if you are willing to pay premium. Nexus7 is low cost device, so it does not matter who makes it as long as it meets requirements and is cheap.

[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]You forgot to list something critical, it was made by Asus.[/citation]

G

I've used my Nexus 7 day in day out for several months. I've not experienced any hardware problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS