Mail on IE picks wrong email program??

Hello, thank you for the help.

I have two email readers on my hard drive, Outlook Express 6.0 (default)
and
Thunderbird by Mozilla. When I am in my IE 6.0 and I use Windows 98 as my
operating system, and I select Mail and then Send a Link or Sendl a Page, I
want OE to pop
up so I can use the OE Address Book, as in the past. But Thunderbird pops
up and I really do not desire to use Thunderbird to Mail a Link or Mail a
Page.

I went and obtained Thunderbird after OE crashed on me, but I know OE and
like it and want to use it. I use OE for my email and Newsgroups.

When I go to Tools>Internet Options>Programs then Outlook Exprerss is
selected for Mail and I do not see Thunderbird anywhere? I guess I could
delete Thunderbird from my hard drive, but that seems extreme.

Thanks.

Jeff Turner

Gates Mills, Ohio
2 answers Last reply
More about mail picks wrong email program

    See if this is helpful.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098

    Ben

    "Jeff Turner" <gtohio9073@att.net> wrote in message news:vuPze.403407$cg1.273319@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    > Hello, thank you for the help.
    >
    > I have two email readers on my hard drive, Outlook Express 6.0 (default)
    > and
    > Thunderbird by Mozilla. When I am in my IE 6.0 and I use Windows 98 as my
    > operating system, and I select Mail and then Send a Link or Sendl a Page, I
    > want OE to pop
    > up so I can use the OE Address Book, as in the past. But Thunderbird pops
    > up and I really do not desire to use Thunderbird to Mail a Link or Mail a
    > Page.
    >
    > I went and obtained Thunderbird after OE crashed on me, but I know OE and
    > like it and want to use it. I use OE for my email and Newsgroups.
    >
    > When I go to Tools>Internet Options>Programs then Outlook Exprerss is
    > selected for Mail and I do not see Thunderbird anywhere? I guess I could
    > delete Thunderbird from my hard drive, but that seems extreme.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Jeff Turner
    >
    > Gates Mills, Ohio

    Ben,

    Thanks. I will try.

    Jeff Turner

    "Ben Myers" <benjmyers@mindR-E-M-O-V-Espring.com> wrote in message
    See if this is helpful.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098

    Ben

    "Jeff Turner" <gtohio9073@att.net> wrote in message
    > Hello, thank you for the help.
    >
    > I have two email readers on my hard drive, Outlook Express 6.0 (default)
    > and
    > Thunderbird by Mozilla. When I am in my IE 6.0 and I use Windows 98 as my
    > operating system, and I select Mail and then Send a Link or Sendl a Page,
    > want OE to pop
    > up so I can use the OE Address Book, as in the past. But Thunderbird pops
    > up and I really do not desire to use Thunderbird to Mail a Link or Mail a
    > Page.
    >
    > I went and obtained Thunderbird after OE crashed on me, but I know OE and
    > like it and want to use it. I use OE for my email and Newsgroups.
    >
    > When I go to Tools>Internet Options>Programs then Outlook Exprerss is
    > selected for Mail and I do not see Thunderbird anywhere? I guess I could
    > delete Thunderbird from my hard drive, but that seems extreme.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Jeff Turner
    >
    > Gates Mills, Ohio

Internet Explorer Thunderbird Email Windows