vdmsound under win98?

My soundcard Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 drivers doesn't support DOS or Win98
(only Win2000 and higher), I've tried to run vdmsound for emulating
soundcard. But I can't run it under Win98 though text on official page:
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/vdmsound)

"Operating System: 32-bit MS Windows (NT/2000/XP), All 32-bit MS Windows
(95/98/NT/2000/XP), Win2K, WinXP"

Do you know how to run VDMSound under Win98? Do you know any alternative to
VDMSound?

--
Wojtek
1 answer Last reply

    Wojtek wrote:

    > My soundcard Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 drivers doesn't support DOS or Win98
    > (only Win2000 and higher), I've tried to run vdmsound for emulating
    > soundcard. But I can't run it under Win98 though text on official page:
    > (http://sourceforge.net/projects/vdmsound)
    >
    > "Operating System: 32-bit MS Windows (NT/2000/XP), All 32-bit MS Windows
    > (95/98/NT/2000/XP), Win2K, WinXP"

    That line looks erroneous to me, because the page starts with:
    "VDMSound is a modular, extendable soundcard (and other "legacy"
    hardware) emulator for MS Windows NT/2000 DOS boxes."

    Also VDMSound 2.0.4's ReadMe directly states it will not work under Win98:
    "4. Requirements
    VDMSound will only run on Windows NT 4 SP3, Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
    It will not work with Windows 95, 98 or Millennium. ..."

    > Do you know how to run VDMSound under Win98? Do you know any alternative to
    > VDMSound?

    No & no.

    --
    Please followup in newsgroup.
    E-mail address is invalid due to spam-control.

Sound Cards Windows XP Windows