Cloud9 Simulations F-104

Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 1, 2005 6:29:38 AM

"Dudley Henriques"
> forum and find the thread on the new F104 panel. What you will see there
on
> the 104 could very well be the ultimate in 2D panel graphics for the
future.

Wow. That is astounding. I would have bet you a buck that they were
photographs.

http://www.fscloud9.it/images/F104_MLU_001_B.jpg
http://www.fscloud9.it/images/F104_MLU_002_B.jpg
http://www.fscloud9.it/images/F104_MLU_003_B.jpg
http://www.fscloud9.it/images/F104_MLU_004_B.jpg

I don't know anything about this company, is their stuff any good?

Dallas

More about : cloud9 simulations 104

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 1, 2005 6:29:39 AM

You left out the best part, the video of the new cockpit:

http://www.fscloud9.net/downloads/video/F104G_new_01.wm...

Of course I'm not sure I want to fly an airplane that requires a 180 kias
*final* approach and has so much lateral instability that the mere
deployment of flaps or a steep pitch up is enough to send it into an
uncontrollable end over end spin. The "widow-maker" was a well-deserved
name.

But the cockpit is amazing, no doubt.

--
Will
Internet: westes AT earthbroadcast.com

> "Dudley Henriques"
> > forum and find the thread on the new F104 panel. What you will see there
> on
> > the 104 could very well be the ultimate in 2D panel graphics for the
> future.
>

> Wow. That is astounding. I would have bet you a buck that they were
> photographs.
>
> http://www.fscloud9.it/images/F104_MLU_001_B.jpg
> http://www.fscloud9.it/images/F104_MLU_002_B.jpg
> http://www.fscloud9.it/images/F104_MLU_003_B.jpg
> http://www.fscloud9.it/images/F104_MLU_004_B.jpg
>
> I don't know anything about this company, is their stuff any good?
>

> Dallas

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 1, 2005 7:55:10 AM

> Dudley,
>
> Break out your Mastercard.. it's on sale now.
>
> http://www.fscloud9.com/php/products.php?lang=EN&id=34
>
> Dallas

My review on it is there. I've actually had it now for some time in testing.
The new panel is scheduled for release with the midlife update. I don't have
an actual time of that release yet, but it won't be long. The existing panel
is excellent. The new one will be ground breaking technology.
Dudley
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 1, 2005 7:55:58 AM

> "Dudley Henriques"
>> forum and find the thread on the new F104 panel. What you will see there
> on
>> the 104 could very well be the ultimate in 2D panel graphics for the
> future.
>

> Wow. That is astounding. I would have bet you a buck that they were
> photographs.
>
> http://www.fscloud9.it/images/F104_MLU_001_B.jpg
> http://www.fscloud9.it/images/F104_MLU_002_B.jpg
> http://www.fscloud9.it/images/F104_MLU_003_B.jpg
> http://www.fscloud9.it/images/F104_MLU_004_B.jpg
>
> I don't know anything about this company, is their stuff any good?
>

> Dallas

Read my review on Simflight :-)
Dudley
August 1, 2005 11:57:08 AM

"Dudley Henriques"
> The new panel is scheduled for release with the midlife update.

Ok.. now I understand... it didn't make any sense to me that you would be
doing testing for a product that was already in distribution.

Dallas
August 1, 2005 12:04:38 PM

Dallas wrote:

> http://www.fscloud9.it/images/F104_MLU_004_B.jpg
>
> I don't know anything about this company, is their stuff any good?
>

> Dallas

I haven't seen one of those for quite some time. Who wants to guess
what the object with the gold coloring in this picture is?

http://www.fscloud9.it/images/F104_MLU_004_B.jpg

Dudley and Paul R, don't guess.

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
August 1, 2005 12:40:21 PM

"boB"
> what the object with the gold coloring in this picture is?
> http://www.fscloud9.it/images/F104_MLU_004_B.jpg

I was wondering what that was... I say it's a toilet paper roller.... or
maybe a Mr. Microphone for those long boring flights...

Dallas
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 1, 2005 1:07:29 PM

"boB" <akita_77REMOVECAPS@yahoo.Xcom> wrote in message
> Dallas wrote:
>
> > http://www.fscloud9.it/images/F104_MLU_004_B.jpg
> >
> > I don't know anything about this company, is their stuff any good?
> >

> > Dallas
> >

> I haven't seen one of those for quite some time. Who wants to guess
> what the object with the gold coloring in this picture is?
>
> http://www.fscloud9.it/images/F104_MLU_004_B.jpg
>
> Dudley and Paul R, don't guess.

They were painted black in the F-4's I used to work on.

Earl

--
Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico USA

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 09:07:29 -0600, "Earl Needham"
<munged@3lefties.com> brought the following to our attention:

>"boB" <akita_77REMOVECAPS@yahoo.Xcom> wrote in message
>> Dallas wrote:
>>
>> > http://www.fscloud9.it/images/F104_MLU_004_B.jpg
>> >
>> > I don't know anything about this company, is their stuff any good?
>> >

>> > Dallas
>> >

>> I haven't seen one of those for quite some time. Who wants to guess
>> what the object with the gold coloring in this picture is?
>>
>> http://www.fscloud9.it/images/F104_MLU_004_B.jpg
>>
>> Dudley and Paul R, don't guess.
>
> They were painted black in the F-4's I used to work on.
>
> Earl

Earl.. one time we arrived at Eglin (with a small group) and F4's were
doing takeoff Immelmanns right across the street. Showing off indeed!!

These guys would accelerate down the runway, lift to a low ALT, stow
the wheels and gain airspeed, then pull up into a back-loop, rolling
out of it at the top, and fly off in the opposite direction. Such hot-
shots.. aay!! :)

-g
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 1, 2005 5:12:16 PM

Hi Varmit,

Their Fiat G91 Light Tactical Fighter is excellent!

Regards,
John Ward

> "Dudley Henriques"
>> forum and find the thread on the new F104 panel. What you will see there
> on
>> the 104 could very well be the ultimate in 2D panel graphics for the
> future.
>

> Wow. That is astounding. I would have bet you a buck that they were
> photographs.
>
> http://www.fscloud9.it/images/F104_MLU_001_B.jpg
> http://www.fscloud9.it/images/F104_MLU_002_B.jpg
> http://www.fscloud9.it/images/F104_MLU_003_B.jpg
> http://www.fscloud9.it/images/F104_MLU_004_B.jpg
>
> I don't know anything about this company, is their stuff any good?
>

> Dallas

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 1, 2005 5:44:11 PM

"boB" <akita_77REMOVECAPS@yahoo.Xcom> wrote in message
> Dallas wrote:
>
>> http://www.fscloud9.it/images/F104_MLU_004_B.jpg
>>
>> I don't know anything about this company, is their stuff any good?
>>

>> Dallas
>>

> I haven't seen one of those for quite some time. Who wants to guess what
> the object with the gold coloring in this picture is?
>
> http://www.fscloud9.it/images/F104_MLU_004_B.jpg
>
> Dudley and Paul R, don't guess.

In the T38, this was part of the seat top end and was exposed and ready to
work if need be :-))) It always made me nervous as to whether it WOULD
work!!
:-))))))
Dudley
August 1, 2005 11:17:46 PM

"Dudley Henriques"
> It always made me nervous as to whether it WOULD
> work!!

Ok... so what is it?
August 1, 2005 11:39:52 PM

Dudley Henriques wrote:

> In the T38, this was part of the seat top end and was exposed and ready to
> work if need be :-))) It always made me nervous as to whether it WOULD
> work!!
> :-))))))
> Dudley

I think in that situation we would find the strength to use it as
required. :)

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
August 1, 2005 11:40:52 PM

Earl Needham wrote:

> They were painted black in the F-4's I used to work on.
>
> Earl

Ours too. I always wanted to take one home but they were actually part
of the aircraft.
--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
August 1, 2005 11:48:37 PM

Dallas wrote:

> "Dudley Henriques"
>
>>It always made me nervous as to whether it WOULD
>>work!!
>

> Ok... so what is it?

Actually it's a knife, of sorts. Dudley can tell us cause I want to
know why it would be in a T-38. In the Cobra the front seat canopy
opened to the left and the back seat opened right so someone was always
trapped in a roll-over. But after the det cord was installed one of our
guys went white-out and rolled the aircraft over on it's right side in
Germany. The pilot was trapped, well not really. The front seater got
his canopy open and the rear seater beat him out of the aircraft through
the front seat canopy. I didn't know there was that much room over the
sight. They didn't even think of the det cord.

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 2, 2005 12:45:04 AM

"boB" <akita_77REMOVECAPS@yahoo.Xcom> wrote in message
news:p 0vHe.92766$X76.10079@tornado.texas.rr.com...
> Dallas wrote:
>
>> "Dudley Henriques"
>>
>>>It always made me nervous as to whether it WOULD
>>>work!!
>>

>> Ok... so what is it?
>>

> Actually it's a knife, of sorts. Dudley can tell us cause I want to know
> why it would be in a T-38. In the Cobra the front seat canopy opened to
> the left and the back seat opened right so someone was always trapped in a
> roll-over. But after the det cord was installed one of our guys went
> white-out and rolled the aircraft over on it's right side in Germany. The
> pilot was trapped, well not really. The front seater got his canopy open
> and the rear seater beat him out of the aircraft through the front seat
> canopy. I didn't know there was that much room over the sight. They
> didn't even think of the det cord.

On the later seats, like the one we had in the T38A, the canopy splitter
became an integral part of the seat itself rather than a separate hand tool.
When the seat fires in the 38, the splitter blade on the seat top is the
first thing out the door so to speak. As the canopy fires, between 0 and .3
seconds, the splitter either finds clear air and is useless from that point
on in the ejection, or if the canopy misfired, the splitter finds the center
of the plex that has been designed to split evenly when hit by the splitter,
and splits it like an eggshell (hopefully for me) and (sorry Goose!! )
The T38 has a sloping canopy for two occupants and as such, the splitters
are different shapes. The one in front is like a vertical knife blade sort
of like that found on a tomahawk sticking up there on top of the seat and
the one on the rear seat is shaped a bit differently like a hatchet blade,
to accommodate the lower canopy slope over that seat. Also, the splitter in
the front is attached to the seat and goes up and down with it vertically
while the one in the back isn't attached to the seat and doesn't move up and
down with the seat.
As I recall, the hand held splitter had another use, and many was the
fighter pilot who filled out a maintenance request for a replacement
splitter on his airplane, after suddenly discovering that the splitter went
hand in hand with his love of hard shelled crabs!!! :-)
Dudley
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 2, 2005 1:01:25 AM

"Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@noware .net> wrote in message

> "boB" <akita_77REMOVECAPS@yahoo.Xcom> wrote in message
> news:p 0vHe.92766$X76.10079@tornado.texas.rr.com...
>> Dallas wrote:
>>
>>> "Dudley Henriques"

>>> Ok... so what is it?
>>>

>> Actually it's a knife, of sorts. Dudley can tell us cause I want to know
>> why it would be in a T-38. In the Cobra the front seat canopy opened to
>> the left and the back seat opened right so someone was always trapped in
>> a roll-over. But after the det cord was installed one of our guys went
>> white-out and rolled the aircraft over on it's right side in Germany. The
>> pilot was trapped, well not really. The front seater got his canopy open
>> and the rear seater beat him out of the aircraft through the front seat
>> canopy. I didn't know there was that much room over the sight. They
>> didn't even think of the det cord.
>
> On the later seats, like the one we had in the T38A, the canopy splitter
> became an integral part of the seat itself rather than a separate hand
> tool.
> When the seat fires in the 38, the splitter blade on the seat top is the
> first thing out the door so to speak. As the canopy fires, between 0 and
> .3 seconds, the splitter either finds clear air and is useless from that
> point on in the ejection, or if the canopy misfired, the splitter finds
> the center of the plex that has been designed to split evenly when hit by
> the splitter, and splits it like an eggshell (hopefully for me) and
> (sorry Goose!! )
> The T38 has a sloping canopy for two occupants and as such, the splitters
> are different shapes. The one in front is like a vertical knife blade sort
> of like that found on a tomahawk sticking up there on top of the seat and
> the one on the rear seat is shaped a bit differently like a hatchet blade,
> to accommodate the lower canopy slope over that seat. Also, the splitter
> in the front is attached to the seat and goes up and down with it
> vertically while the one in the back isn't attached to the seat and
> doesn't move up and down with the seat.
> As I recall, the hand held splitter had another use, and many was the
> fighter pilot who filled out a maintenance request for a replacement
> splitter on his airplane, after suddenly discovering that the splitter
> went hand in hand with his love of hard shelled crabs!!! :-)
> Dudley

I just realized we're talking about two things at once. My fault guys!!
:-))))
The T38's canopy hand breaker tools were stashed almost exactly in the same
spot as the 104's hand breaker. Each cockpit had one. You pulled a pin and
rotated the breaker to release it from the housing.
This is the tool that got "liberated" by the pilots for crabs.
I forgot we were talking about the hand breaker when I answered Bob's post,
and started on the canopy knife splitter. Sorry......senior moment here!!!!
:-)))
Hope this makes more sense to everybody.
August 2, 2005 1:31:38 AM

"Dudley Henriques"
> Hope this makes more sense to everybody.

Perfectly.

They sell a version of that for autos at Auto Zone that allows punks to
access your stereo in dark parking lots. :-)

Dallas
August 2, 2005 1:58:09 AM

Dudley Henriques wrote:

> I just realized we're talking about two things at once. My fault guys!!
> :-))))
> The T38's canopy hand breaker tools were stashed almost exactly in the same
> spot as the 104's hand breaker. Each cockpit had one. You pulled a pin and
> rotated the breaker to release it from the housing.
> This is the tool that got "liberated" by the pilots for crabs.
> I forgot we were talking about the hand breaker when I answered Bob's post,
> and started on the canopy knife splitter. Sorry......senior moment here!!!!
> :-)))
> Hope this makes more sense to everybody.

I thought it may have been used in that way in the t-38, The difference,
if I read right, is you use the knife before the aircraft hits the
ground, when in a Cobra it's used after the impact.

What would worry me more is, if a situation came up that required
ejection, there might not be time to use this to break the canopy. You
would have to be fast. :)

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
August 2, 2005 8:17:34 PM

>I completely understand the wife thing :-) I think a lot of us "older" sim
>folks have the same problem. I only spent about a thousand bucks last month
>to go with the aprox 10 thousand I've already spent on computers and misc
>hardware and software since my wife gave me the sim for Christmas some
>years ago.
> :-)
> Dudley

I had to face the dilemma of wifey complaining about flight sims and
computers. The ultimatum was delivered "its either me or the computers blah
blah blah"

Now I sit here with 7 grands worth of stuff, a fridge full of beer, the
pizza shop on speed dial and am quite contented lol

My only regret is I didn't have a camera handy when I said "Don't let the
door hit you on the arse on the way out"

Bryan
August 2, 2005 11:04:16 PM

"Bryan"
> Now I sit here with 7 grands worth of stuff, a fridge full of beer, the
> pizza shop on speed dial and am quite contented lol
> My only regret is I didn't have a camera handy when I said "Don't let the
> door hit you on the arse on the way out"

Bryan,

You're my new hero.

:-)

Dallas
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 3, 2005 3:11:06 AM

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 16:17:34 +1000, "Bryan" <Idontthinkso@tim.com>
wrote:

>"Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@noware .net> wrote in message
>>I completely understand the wife thing :-) I think a lot of us "older" sim
>>folks have the same problem. I only spent about a thousand bucks last month
>>to go with the aprox 10 thousand I've already spent on computers and misc
>>hardware and software since my wife gave me the sim for Christmas some
>>years ago.
>> :-)
>> Dudley
>
>I had to face the dilemma of wifey complaining about flight sims and
>computers. The ultimatum was delivered "its either me or the computers blah
>blah blah"
>

>Now I sit here with 7 grands worth of stuff, a fridge full of beer, the
>pizza shop on speed dial and am quite contented lol
>

>My only regret is I didn't have a camera handy when I said "Don't let the
>door hit you on the arse on the way out"
>
>Bryan

Took me two marriages and the loss of everything I owned both times to
realize that the old adage of marriage being defined as "the f---ing
you get isn't worth the f---ing you get (take)" was all too true! True
thirty years ago, still true today, which is why I remained single
(doesn't have to mean alone you realize , one or two night stands work
just fine). Live Close By, Visit Often, as the lyrics sung by K.T.
Oslin indicates that its not just men that find that old adage true!

"Live Close By, Visit Often"
(by K.T. Oslin and Raul Malo)

I love ya baby
I like your company
You make me laugh
You never make me cry
I think you're sexy
I like to kiss ya
Even my dog thinks you're quite a guy

I'm not lookin for a husband
Found out the hard way it doesn't work for me
I need a friend
I want a lover
I have to be alone occasionally

(Chorus)
So live Close by, visit often
That'll work, that'll work for me
Live closeby, visit often
Save us both alot of misery

You fix me breakfast
I'll buy you dinner
We'll hit a movie on Wednesday night
You go to your place
I'll go to my place
Sounds like our plan is gonna work just right

(Chorus)
Live close by, visit often
That'll work, that'll work for me
Live close by, visit often
Save us both alot of misery

It could be rough
It could be easy
It might be hell
Might be heavenly
How do you feel?
How does it strike ya?
Could you be happy with a woman like me?
Why don't ya? Why don't ya?

(Chorus)
Live close by, visit often
That'll work, that'll work for me
Live close by, visit often
Save us both alot of misery

Live close by, visit often...
August 3, 2005 11:40:56 AM

> "Bryan"
>> Now I sit here with 7 grands worth of stuff, a fridge full of beer, the
>> pizza shop on speed dial and am quite contented lol
>> My only regret is I didn't have a camera handy when I said "Don't let the
>> door hit you on the arse on the way out"
>
> Bryan,
>
> You're my new hero.
>
> :-)
>

> Dallas

Does this mean I have to wear my undies on the outside ? lol
August 3, 2005 11:40:57 AM

"Bryan"
> Does this mean I have to wear my undies on the outside ? lol

Na... just get a thong like JayDub wears.

Dallas
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 3, 2005 2:29:36 PM

Hi Varmit,

Actually, I wear 2 thongs, mate, and both at the same time! :-))

We're very good at multi-skilling down here.

Regards,
John Ward
news:o vTHe.1075$I04.1026@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...

> "Bryan"
>> Does this mean I have to wear my undies on the outside ? lol
>
> Na... just get a thong like JayDub wears.
>

> Dallas

August 3, 2005 2:29:37 PM

"John Ward"
> Actually, I wear 2 thongs, mate, and both at the same time! :-))

Makes good sense... ya never know when you might bust out of one.

<G>

Dallas
!