The "F" keys

OK....Perhaps by now I should know this. But I still am
novice. I know F8 is for. But I dont know that the other
11 keys do on the key board. And Idont know where to read
about them although I could inspect my tutorials on my
pc. But does anyone know where I can find out their
meaning?? WIN XP
2 answers Last reply
More about keys

    In Help, search on shortcut keys

    War on the Pachyderms Terrorists
    http://www.counterpunch.org/wilson09012004.html
    "MARCY" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bf101c49a7b$4a5a18d0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    > OK....Perhaps by now I should know this. But I still am
    > novice. I know F8 is for. But I dont know that the other
    > 11 keys do on the key board. And Idont know where to read
    > about them although I could inspect my tutorials on my
    > pc. But does anyone know where I can find out their
    > meaning?? WIN XP

    "MARCY" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >OK....Perhaps by now I should know this. But I still am
    >novice. I know F8 is for. But I dont know that the other
    >11 keys do on the key board.

    Depends.
    For Excel:
    Edit the active cell:
    F2
    Redo:
    F4
    Move to the next pane:
    F6
    Calculate all sheets in open workbooks:
    F9
    Create a chart:
    F11
    For the IE:
    Display Look In or Save In list within Save As or Open dialog box:
    F4
    Refresh view:
    F5
    For Windows:
    Display contextual Help window:
    F1
    Rename an item:
    F2
    Repeat last command entered in DOS box:
    F3
    Open Find all files dialog box:
    F3
    In Windows Explorer, display combo box and move input focus to list:
    F4
    Refresh the contents of a window:
    F5
    In Windows Explorer, move focus between panes:
    F6 or TAB
    For Word:
    Move text or pictures:
    F2
    etc. etc.

    ""A List of the Keyboard Shortcuts Available in Windows XP"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=301583)
    "Keyboard Shortcuts for Windows"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=126449)

    --