Budjet gameing PC with Ati X850XT. 350W ok?

Hi,

I am planing to buy a new pc just for gameing.

Some display adapters needs alot of power.

I think I am going to buy the "SAPPHIRE X850 XT PCI-E 256MB VGA+DVI+TVO" because it is cheep and fast.

Now do I need to buy a 500W powersuply, or can I use 350w ?
- AMD64 2-2.3 GHz maybe dual core, 1-2 GB RAM, one disk, one dvd rw

Was planing to use a Nexus case. They come in 350w,400w and 500w.
http://www.nexustek.nl/breeze.htm
13 answers Last reply
More about budjet gameing x850xt 350w
  1. 350w is really pushing it.

    You'd want a good name-brand 450w at least.
  2. Quote:
    Hi,

    I am planing to buy a new pc just for gameing.

    Some display adapters needs alot of power.

    I think I am going to buy the "SAPPHIRE X850 XT PCI-E 256MB VGA+DVI+TVO" because it is cheep and fast.

    Now do I need to buy a 500W powersuply, or can I use 350w ?
    - AMD64 2-2.3 GHz maybe dual core, 1-2 GB RAM, one disk, one dvd rw

    Was planing to use a Nexus case. They come in 350w,400w and 500w.
    http://www.nexustek.nl/breeze.htm


    Like the other poster said 350 is pushing it. I have a 425 Watt (500Watt MAX) PC POWER AND COOLING power supply that I would be glad to sell to you. It is still fairly new and I used it on my old rig with a X850XT PE.

    PC POWER AND COOLING makes some of the best PSU'S and I paid a pretty penny for it. I could make you a good deal on it.
  3. Ok I better spend the extra money on the 500w modell.
    http://www.nexustek.nl/breeze500.htm
  4. I have a 3.4 ghz P4 and the x850xt 2048mb ram 1 hard drive and 2 optical drives as well as a 350w PSU. It works fine.
  5. I personally would never buy a used PSU.
  6. Quote:

    Like the other poster said 350 is pushing it. I have a 425 Watt (500Watt MAX) PC POWER AND COOLING power supply that I would be glad to sell to you. It is still fairly new and I used it on my old rig with a X850XT PE.

    PC POWER AND COOLING makes some of the best PSU'S and I paid a pretty penny for it. I could make you a good deal on it.


    I live in Finland :D

    I just get the 500w case, thx.
  7. Quote:
    I personally would never buy a used PSU.


    Well that is your right. However I will show you my profile on ebay if you wish, I have sold a number of processors and video cards. I dont sell people bad stuff btw.
  8. I'm not doubting your eBay feedback, otherwise I would have said so.

    My point was that the PSU is the front line between your hard earned cash and your electric mains, and I don't care how good someone's feedback on eBay is, I would never trust anything other than something 100% new and unused in such a crucial position.
  9. Quote:
    I'm not doubting your eBay feedback, otherwise I would have said so.

    My point was that the PSU is the front line between your hard earned cash and your electric mains, and I don't care how good someone's feedback on eBay is, I would never trust anything other than something 100% new and unused in such a crucial position.


    Whatever guy, I was not offering it too you anyway so keep your trap shut and mind your on business.
  10. Actually this forum is about two things (as far as I'm concerned):

    1) Discussing technology and related stuff

    and

    2) Giving advice to others about hardware and related stuff

    I would consider offering someone an opinion about where to buy certain things giving advice to others about hardware. Me telling him I don't think it's a good idea for him to buy a used PSU is the same as someone telling another to buy from Newegg instead of CompUSA, for example.

    My opinion stands, and you're being an @ss. Get over it.
  11. I had an ATI 850 XT, an overlock A64 3000 (2.4Ghz), a 10K raptor drive, a 300Gig Maxtor drive, DVD Write, freezer 64 HSF & 3 cases fans all running from a 350W noname cheap PSU I got with a case from ebuyer.

    I recently upgraded to a X2 3800 & added some water cooling so up'd to a 550W ... but the 350w was rock solid, never crashed at all.
  12. Quote:
    Actually this forum is about two things (as far as I'm concerned):

    1) Discussing technology and related stuff

    and

    2) Giving advice to others about hardware and related stuff

    I would consider offering someone an opinion about where to buy certain things giving advice to others about hardware. Me telling him I don't think it's a good idea for him to buy a used PSU is the same as someone telling another to buy from Newegg instead of CompUSA, for example.

    My opinion stands, and you're being an @ss. Get over it.



    Whatever guy :roll:
  13. Quote:
    I'm not doubting your eBay feedback, otherwise I would have said so.

    My point was that the PSU is the front line between your hard earned cash and your electric mains, and I don't care how good someone's feedback on eBay is, I would never trust anything other than something 100% new and unused in such a crucial position.


    Whatever guy, I was not offering it too you anyway so keep your trap shut and mind your on business.

    whoa nice attitude bud... yeah i know what you're going to say...whatever right?

    Amazing, you want to post on a public forum and then get your panties up in a bunch if someone else has an opinion (stated in a mature manner) that isn't too your liking. Stop being a little girl and try to act like you have some maturity (or at least been near someone who was).

    What I really find incredible is that with your attitude anyone would ever purchase anything from you.

    Whatever man!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics