Sign in with
Your question

Budjet gameing PC with Ati X850XT. 350W ok?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 2, 2006 5:27:36 PM

Hi,

I am planing to buy a new pc just for gameing.

Some display adapters needs alot of power.

I think I am going to buy the "SAPPHIRE X850 XT PCI-E 256MB VGA+DVI+TVO" because it is cheep and fast.

Now do I need to buy a 500W powersuply, or can I use 350w ?
- AMD64 2-2.3 GHz maybe dual core, 1-2 GB RAM, one disk, one dvd rw

Was planing to use a Nexus case. They come in 350w,400w and 500w.
http://www.nexustek.nl/breeze.htm
May 2, 2006 5:30:02 PM

350w is really pushing it.

You'd want a good name-brand 450w at least.
May 2, 2006 6:11:29 PM

Quote:
Hi,

I am planing to buy a new pc just for gameing.

Some display adapters needs alot of power.

I think I am going to buy the "SAPPHIRE X850 XT PCI-E 256MB VGA+DVI+TVO" because it is cheep and fast.

Now do I need to buy a 500W powersuply, or can I use 350w ?
- AMD64 2-2.3 GHz maybe dual core, 1-2 GB RAM, one disk, one dvd rw

Was planing to use a Nexus case. They come in 350w,400w and 500w.
http://www.nexustek.nl/breeze.htm

Like the other poster said 350 is pushing it. I have a 425 Watt (500Watt MAX) PC POWER AND COOLING power supply that I would be glad to sell to you. It is still fairly new and I used it on my old rig with a X850XT PE.

PC POWER AND COOLING makes some of the best PSU'S and I paid a pretty penny for it. I could make you a good deal on it.
Related resources
May 2, 2006 6:16:24 PM

I have a 3.4 ghz P4 and the x850xt 2048mb ram 1 hard drive and 2 optical drives as well as a 350w PSU. It works fine.
May 2, 2006 6:18:49 PM

I personally would never buy a used PSU.
May 2, 2006 6:19:26 PM

Quote:

Like the other poster said 350 is pushing it. I have a 425 Watt (500Watt MAX) PC POWER AND COOLING power supply that I would be glad to sell to you. It is still fairly new and I used it on my old rig with a X850XT PE.

PC POWER AND COOLING makes some of the best PSU'S and I paid a pretty penny for it. I could make you a good deal on it.

I live in Finland :D 

I just get the 500w case, thx.
May 2, 2006 9:55:07 PM

Quote:
I personally would never buy a used PSU.

Well that is your right. However I will show you my profile on ebay if you wish, I have sold a number of processors and video cards. I dont sell people bad stuff btw.
May 2, 2006 9:58:03 PM

I'm not doubting your eBay feedback, otherwise I would have said so.

My point was that the PSU is the front line between your hard earned cash and your electric mains, and I don't care how good someone's feedback on eBay is, I would never trust anything other than something 100% new and unused in such a crucial position.
May 4, 2006 1:33:19 AM

Quote:

My point was that the PSU is the front line between your hard earned cash and your electric mains, and I don't care how good someone's feedback on eBay is, I would never trust anything other than something 100% new and unused in such a crucial position.

Whatever guy, I was not offering it too you anyway so keep your trap shut and mind your on business.
May 4, 2006 9:26:15 AM

Actually this forum is about two things (as far as I'm concerned):

1) Discussing technology and related stuff

and

2) Giving advice to others about hardware and related stuff

I would consider offering someone an opinion about where to buy certain things giving advice to others about hardware. Me telling him I don't think it's a good idea for him to buy a used PSU is the same as someone telling another to buy from Newegg instead of CompUSA, for example.

My opinion stands, and you're being an @ss. Get over it.
May 4, 2006 11:20:59 AM

I had an ATI 850 XT, an overlock A64 3000 (2.4Ghz), a 10K raptor drive, a 300Gig Maxtor drive, DVD Write, freezer 64 HSF & 3 cases fans all running from a 350W noname cheap PSU I got with a case from ebuyer.

I recently upgraded to a X2 3800 & added some water cooling so up'd to a 550W ... but the 350w was rock solid, never crashed at all.
May 4, 2006 12:47:07 PM

Quote:
Actually this forum is about two things (as far as I'm concerned):

1) Discussing technology and related stuff

and

2) Giving advice to others about hardware and related stuff

I would consider offering someone an opinion about where to buy certain things giving advice to others about hardware. Me telling him I don't think it's a good idea for him to buy a used PSU is the same as someone telling another to buy from Newegg instead of CompUSA, for example.

My opinion stands, and you're being an @ss. Get over it.

Whatever guy :roll:
May 4, 2006 4:26:12 PM

Quote:

Whatever guy, I was not offering it too you anyway so keep your trap shut and mind your on business.

whoa nice attitude bud... yeah i know what you're going to say...whatever right?

Amazing, you want to post on a public forum and then get your panties up in a bunch if someone else has an opinion (stated in a mature manner) that isn't too your liking. Stop being a little girl and try to act like you have some maturity (or at least been near someone who was).

What I really find incredible is that with your attitude anyone would ever purchase anything from you.

Whatever man!
!