My Rig doesn't like me!!!

bluntside

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Damn, Just returned my Dfi lan party Sli-Dr Expert for another one, I thought that my mobo was the problem but apparently it isn't.
While just sitting there browsing on the internet, either my system freezez up, or it frezzez while it makes a constant beep,bbbbbbbbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppppppppppppppppp, until I restart my rig, then it works fine, for a while.
My system is
1gb kingston ram pc3200 2x512
x-Fi Xtreme music.
Windows Xp
ANtec NeoHe 550watt psu
Amd 3700+
N E Ideas?? I'm stumped :evil:

only_me

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
my friends computer did that cos it was the motherboard was earthing, not sure it would be that, but something is upsetting your motherboard.

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
Damn, Just returned my Dfi lan party Sli-Dr Expert for another one, I thought that my mobo was the problem but apparently it isn't.
While just sitting there browsing on the internet, either my system freezez up, or it frezzez while it makes a constant beep,bbbbbbbbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppppppppppppppppp, until I restart my rig, then it works fine, for a while.
My system is
1gb kingston ram pc3200 2x512
x-Fi Xtreme music.
Windows Xp
ANtec NeoHe 550watt psu
Amd 3700+
N E Ideas?? I'm stumped :evil:

Often times, like the other poster sad, a LOUD beep points to heat. The beep is the motherboard telling you damage can occur if you do not turn the system off. Check your CPU and make sure the fan is installed correctly with the proper amount (thin coating) of thermal paste. If you remove the fan, clean off both the fan and the CPU and reapply the paste. Also, you can try Memtest86, bad RAM will give you all sorts of hell.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Your rig doesn't like you?! Then beat it up and let it know who's the boss! :lol:

Okay, a lockup/freeze with one long constant beep is usually a memory problem. If your rams are 3 years old, then chances are it might have develope some errors over the years or it's that it is outdated. Mestest it or use this also..http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp and see if you got some error.

What voltage is that rams on? Try increasing the voltage for stability and see if that works or underclock it if the voltage increase has no effect.

Muso

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2002
Find a beep code error document that explains the beep codes for your BIOS/Motherboard. Usually, a long beep points to a problem with the installed RAM.

sandmannight

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Treat your rig to some dinner and maybe it will like you*Lame joke I know :D

Try the using one stick of memory and then after that I dont know much sorry :(

bluntside

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
heheh Ill work on that :D
But thats what my guess was , the ram. Any RAM that you guys would recommend for my system to handle todays gamming??

PCcashCow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
This program saved me a LOT of grief when I had a bad memory stick...

http://www.memtest86.com/

I dont know if you ran a memtest, but they are pretty granular scans. In my practice, most, if not all of my good ram came up with some sort of erros on a memtest.

Have you tried operating with just one decent stick of ram at a time? Also, is there any reporting tool running on your system, is there a dump running at boot?