Update from 95

Hi,
if i update to windows 98 from 95 will i overwrite all my
applications and then to reinstall them?
regards
Sean

If you have an update or full version of Win98, then I don't see why
you should lose any applications (I didn't have to reinstall anything
but that was a long time ago)
Backup any data you don't want to lose, just in case.

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html
On 11 Jul 2005 02:48:06 -0700, sgpgpjr@yahoo.ie wrote:

>Hi,
> if i update to windows 98 from 95 will i overwrite all my
>applications and then to reinstall them?
>regards
>Sean

No. A fresh install would require you to re-install your applications. An
upgrade preserves all your existing settings and installed applications.
That's what makes an upgrade different than a fresh install.

However, since no process can be 100% guaranteed, back up your system before
upgrading.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)