ActiveX query

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
July 11, 2005 4:43:54 PM

I run 98se on a machine with 1.7gHz procesor and 384Mb of ram.

I recently had the same error when trying to install two programs -
Arcexplorer and a Canasta card game. The error reads :-

ActiveX component can't create object

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanx

More about : activex query

Anonymous
July 11, 2005 4:43:55 PM

There are several KB articles that *might* apply. I don't know how
either your Canasta program nor ArcExplorer are constructed, but you
might find some ideas in these articles:

http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?spid=g...

Or....TinyURL= http://tinyurl.com/bd677

The one I'd be likely to try first is to re-register DAO. It seems
rather universally applicable to this error.
Look in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO
for a file named DAO360.DLL The number 360 may be different. Use the
filename to verify or edit the following command (must be exactly as
written, including quotation marks.) Run it from the Run box on Start
menu.

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\DAO360.DLL"

I tried ESRI Support and discover that while several have had the
problem, no answer was forthcoming that would apply to ArcExplorer on
Win98 There are issues on NT systems that involve Permissions... *Might*
apply to Win98 but I doubt it. Also mentioned is the need to restart
your system after installation.

Hope this helps,

--
Gary S. Terhune