ActiveX query

I run 98se on a machine with 1.7gHz procesor and 384Mb of ram.

I recently had the same error when trying to install two programs -
Arcexplorer and a Canasta card game. The error reads :-

ActiveX component can't create object

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanx
More about activex query

    There are several KB articles that *might* apply. I don't know how
    either your Canasta program nor ArcExplorer are constructed, but you
    might find some ideas in these articles:

    http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?spid=global&query=ActiveX+component+can%27t+create+object&catalog=LCID%3D1033&pwt=false&title=true&kt=ALL&mdt=0&comm=1&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3&mode=a&x=8&y=10

    Or....TinyURL= http://tinyurl.com/bd677

    The one I'd be likely to try first is to re-register DAO. It seems
    rather universally applicable to this error.
    Look in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO
    for a file named DAO360.DLL The number 360 may be different. Use the
    filename to verify or edit the following command (must be exactly as
    written, including quotation marks.) Run it from the Run box on Start
    menu.

    regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\DAO360.DLL"

    I tried ESRI Support and discover that while several have had the
    problem, no answer was forthcoming that would apply to ArcExplorer on
    Win98 There are issues on NT systems that involve Permissions... *Might*
    apply to Win98 but I doubt it. Also mentioned is the need to restart
    your system after installation.

    Hope this helps,

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    "joe" <joe@web.com> wrote in message
    >I run 98se on a machine with 1.7gHz procesor and 384Mb of ram.
    >
    > I recently had the same error when trying to install two programs -
    > Arcexplorer and a Canasta card game. The error reads :-
    >
    > ActiveX component can't create object
    >
    > Any ideas would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanx

Activex Components Microsoft Windows