More about burning software

    From: "darkrats" <darkrats@hotmail.com>

    | What's the best burning software that will work with a Sony DRU-800A DVD
    | Writer under Windows 98? Any suggestions other than Nero?

    Roxio.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    I've had no good luck with Roxio 5 or Nero 5 for CD burning. I tried Hotburn
    with success. However, new versions of Hotburn CD/DVD Burning software of the
    last few years require a .NET Framework 1.1 Patch, that is ON the included CD,
    but you need instructions from the Web on how to access & install it from the
    Hotburn installation CD. If you can get past that hurdle, Hotburn can handle
    your basic burning jobs for $20 without errors up the wazoo (unlike Nero 5 &
    Roxio 5). For more comprehensive burning tasks, like removing the 2 second
    buffer between tracks, I don't have an answer yet.

    Ohh, Exact Audio Copy! (EAC) I forgot if that burns, I think it does. Try for
    that free download. But that only does Audio burning tasks.

    For data burning projects, use Hotburn.

    ..Net Framework is available at Windows Updates (Optional Update). Once
    you install the basic Framework, you'll need to restart and then return
    to Windows Updates to get the 1.1 patch.

    If you're on dial-up, try to get the Framework itself from a CD.
    Otherwise, web install works well.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    "Cymbal Man Freq." <Don't Bother@ForgedPostsAnonymous.unorg> wrote in
    message news:kb3Be.34455$0i3.12073@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
    > I've had no good luck with Roxio 5 or Nero 5 for CD burning. I tried
    > Hotburn
    > with success. However, new versions of Hotburn CD/DVD Burning software
    > of the
    > last few years require a .NET Framework 1.1 Patch, that is ON the
    > included CD,
    > but you need instructions from the Web on how to access & install it
    > from the
    > Hotburn installation CD. If you can get past that hurdle, Hotburn can
    > handle
    > your basic burning jobs for $20 without errors up the wazoo (unlike
    > Nero 5 &
    > Roxio 5). For more comprehensive burning tasks, like removing the 2
    > second
    > buffer between tracks, I don't have an answer yet.
    >
    > Ohh, Exact Audio Copy! (EAC) I forgot if that burns, I think it does.
    > Try for
    > that free download. But that only does Audio burning tasks.
    >
    > For data burning projects, use Hotburn.

Burner Software Windows