Display Property - Windows Standard Scheme

Hi,

I am using windows 98 SE and whenever I restart the system the Display
Property of the system becomes "High Contrast Black" Scheme even
though I have reset the scheme setting to "Windows standard". Could
your provide me a solution to make the Windows standard scheme
permanent?

Shaji

I believe I read that High Contrast should be controlled at... "Control
Panel, Accessibility Options, Display tab". Check "Use High Contrast", &
click the Settings button. Bolt "Custom" & use it's dropdown menu.

Other than for that, use Desktop Themes...

To install Desktop Themes, if they are not already in the Control Panel
or in the START menu...
1. START, Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Windows Setup
tab.
2. Check "Desktop Themes"; click "Details"; check the themes you want;
"OK" twice.
3. Perhaps, re-boot.

Some themes require "high color". To get "high color":
1. Right click the Desktop & select Properties
2. Click the "Settings" tab
3. Use the "Colors" dropdown menu to select "high color"
4. Be prepared. It may ask your permission to restart the computer.

I understand that's best; however, it can also be done at: "R-Clk
Desktop, Properties, Appearance tab, & select a different 'Scheme' in
the dropdown selector". This will also get the fonts, colors, et al,
right, across applications, without trying to micro-manage inside the
"Item" dropdown menu, which one may live to regret.

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
<shajiulloor@gmail.com> wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| I am using windows 98 SE and whenever I restart the system the Display
| Property of the system becomes "High Contrast Black" Scheme even
| though I have reset the scheme setting to "Windows standard". Could
| your provide me a solution to make the Windows standard scheme
| permanent?
|
| Shaji

Dear PCR,

It was due to the "Use High Contrast" Accessibility Option! Someone
accidentally selected the check box and it was causing the whole
problem.

Thank you very much for your help :)

Shaji

You are welcome. (I was hoping that was it.)