USB 2 PCI Card

If I were to add a USB 2 PCI Card to my Windows98SE PC would the new PCI
card overridr the 2 USB 1 slots I currently have or will I have the new
added USB 2 slots plus my current
USB 1 slots and would there be any conflicts using both types of USB (1.2
and 2) ?

Yes you can add this card (assuming it has Windows 98 SE drivers) and the
ports will work independently of each other - the USB 2.0 ports will work at
full speed and they won't interfere with the existing ports, nor will the
existing ports interfere with the new ones.

"MedRxman" <medrxman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> If I were to add a USB 2 PCI Card to my Windows98SE PC would the new PCI
> card overridr the 2 USB 1 slots I currently have or will I have the new
> added USB 2 slots plus my current
> USB 1 slots and would there be any conflicts using both types of USB (1.2
> and 2) ?

If your PC can handle multiple items using one irq, you're probably okay.
Its unlikely you will ever run into it, but using more than 2 USB2 hardware
at the same time may be a problem. For example, moving/copying a large GB
file to a USB2 connected hard drive and doing a full color scan from a USB2
connected scanner at exactly the same time. May saturate the USB2
controller throughput.