dll's & icons win98

hello

there are icons galore under dll names in systems folders
in win98, does anyone here have a list of which dll files
have the icons in them? & any other info about them.

dolphin
3 answers Last reply
More about icons win98

    These are the major files: Cool.dll, Moricons.dll, Pifmgr.dll, Progman.exe
    and Shell32.dll.

    --
    Regards

    Ron Badour, MS MVP for W98
    Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
    Knowledge Base Info:

    dolphin santosha wrote:
    > hello
    >
    > there are icons galore under dll names in systems folders
    > in win98, does anyone here have a list of which dll files
    > have the icons in them? & any other info about them.
    >
    > dolphin

    shell32.dll .. and others...
    ...just fyi there are hundreds on programs for this, but one of the ones I
    use is a quick easy way to see what icons are in the files is to use this
    free program http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Station/8542/Icl_View.htm
    ...which when you right click on any dll, exe, or icon capable file - an
    extra 'View Icon' tab will show up on that properties box now like this
    screenshot shows how mine looks: http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/6170/avalon1zk.gif
    ...and when you click on that View Icon tab there it will show you all the icons
    in that file - and you can also copy, save them etc...

    Rick

    dolphin santosha wrote:

    > hello
    >
    > there are icons galore under dll names in systems folders
    > in win98, does anyone here have a list of which dll files
    > have the icons in them? & any other info about them.

    I came across one such list (Win98 filename - # of icons) recently, but
    can't find that i saved a bookmark to it. Aha.., here it is:
    <http://www.aha-soft.com/faq/q13.htm>

    I also found this:
    <http://www.mvps.org/serenitymacros/iconlist.html>

    Extract them all in one fell swoop with Nir Sofer's IconsExtract 1.40:
    <http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/iconsext.html>
    Caveat: IconsExtract can only extract icons from 32-bit binary files. It
    cannot extract icons from 16-bit files.

    --
    Please followup in newsgroup.
    E-mail address is invalid due to spam-control.

Icons Microsoft DLL Windows