dll's & icons win98

hello

there are icons galore under dll names in systems folders
in win98, does anyone here have a list of which dll files
have the icons in them? & any other info about them.

dolphin

These are the major files: Cool.dll, Moricons.dll, Pifmgr.dll, Progman.exe
and Shell32.dll.

--
Regards

Ron Badour, MS MVP for W98
Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
Knowledge Base Info:

dolphin santosha wrote:
> hello
>
> there are icons galore under dll names in systems folders
> in win98, does anyone here have a list of which dll files
> have the icons in them? & any other info about them.
>
> dolphin

shell32.dll .. and others...
...just fyi there are hundreds on programs for this, but one of the ones I
use is a quick easy way to see what icons are in the files is to use this
free program http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Station/8542/Icl_View.htm
...which when you right click on any dll, exe, or icon capable file - an
extra 'View Icon' tab will show up on that properties box now like this
screenshot shows how mine looks: http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/6170/avalon1zk.gif
...and when you click on that View Icon tab there it will show you all the icons
in that file - and you can also copy, save them etc...

Rick

dolphin santosha wrote:

> hello
>
> there are icons galore under dll names in systems folders
> in win98, does anyone here have a list of which dll files
> have the icons in them? & any other info about them.

I came across one such list (Win98 filename - # of icons) recently, but
can't find that i saved a bookmark to it. Aha.., here it is:
<http://www.aha-soft.com/faq/q13.htm>

I also found this:
<http://www.mvps.org/serenitymacros/iconlist.html>

Extract them all in one fell swoop with Nir Sofer's IconsExtract 1.40:
<http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/iconsext.html>
Caveat: IconsExtract can only extract icons from 32-bit binary files. It
cannot extract icons from 16-bit files.

--
Please followup in newsgroup.
E-mail address is invalid due to spam-control.