ICW and DUN.... MSGRV32 NOT RESPONDING

Star

Distinguished
May 22, 2004

Hello, OMG, really having problems!!

Help Pls. Note: this is not about updating my display driver/adapter
I did nothing at all to my puter!! I left the ng yesterday, left the puter
running and restarted it much later..... The puter wouldn't load the
desktop. Iif, anyone is interested in my mishap, I will explain later.
Further, I could not get into safemode either. I tried 2 registry
restores, one for yesterday am first boot and the other for the previous
day, no go.

This is my **immediate problem**, my simple DUN connection whether made
using networking folder or ICW, manual setup. I do my settings and get the
connection going.... it connects, the puter locks however w/hour hour glass
immediately after connection.... at first I didn't know I was connected,
however I do ctl/alt/del and I see msgrv highlighed, I click end task.

Next, task ends and I minimize OE window, *now I get see the system tray*, I
am indeed connected, I reopen OE and all is well. But something is very
wrong.... I've never seen this before. I re-installed Windows on a
reformatted and partition drive last pm. I barely have things going....
IE6-SP1 installed, Pc-cillin and updated and firewall is on. No WU's yet,
but I need to fix this problem before I try to move on. And, of course I
won't be on the Internet until I get my updates.

Pls. help me.... I have never seen this before and I've been making these
connections for a long time???
Has anyone seen this scenario, hopefully someone knows the fix ???

Thank you kindly,

Star

"Star" <star@everywhere.com> wrote in message
> Hello, OMG, really having problems!!
>
> Help Pls. Note: this is not about updating my display driver/adapter
> I did nothing at all to my puter!! I left the ng yesterday, left the
> puter
> running and restarted it much later..... The puter wouldn't load the
> desktop. Iif, anyone is interested in my mishap, I will explain later.
> Further, I could not get into safemode either. I tried 2 registry
> restores, one for yesterday am first boot and the other for the
> previous
> day, no go.

Are you talking about the same computer, above and below?

> This is my **immediate problem**, my simple DUN connection whether
> made
> using networking folder or ICW, manual setup. I do my settings and
> get the
> connection going.... it connects, the puter locks however w/hour hour
> glass
> immediately after connection.... at first I didn't know I was
> connected,
> however I do ctl/alt/del and I see msgrv highlighed, I click end
> task.

What do you do to prompt DUN to connect? Click on a shortcut to the DUN
connectoid? Or do you open IE or OE and expect them to prompt a dial-up?
Because I see below that OE is already open before the prompt to dial
up? Is that right?

> Next, task ends and I minimize OE window, *now I get see the system
> tray*, I
> am indeed connected, I reopen OE and all is well. But something is
> very
> wrong.... I've never seen this before. I re-installed Windows on a
> reformatted and partition drive last pm. I barely have things
> going....
> IE6-SP1 installed, Pc-cillin and updated and firewall is on. No WU's
> yet,
> but I need to fix this problem before I try to move on. And, of
> course I
> won't be on the Internet until I get my updates.

I'm still not sure what the problem is. Need more info (above.) But you
haven't exactly said whether IE or OE work properly after this bug goes
by. If so, go ahead and download updates.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

Yikes. At least you were able to boot to Windows, Star. Some can't even
get to the end of the fresh install, can't do the final reboot. You did,
but are having trouble setting up a DUN. I could go looking for
articles. Let's hope someone gets here with experience in it before I
do.

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
"Star" <star@everywhere.com> wrote in message
| Hello, OMG, really having problems!!
|
| Help Pls. Note: this is not about updating my display driver/adapter
| I did nothing at all to my puter!! I left the ng yesterday, left the
puter
| running and restarted it much later..... The puter wouldn't load the
| desktop. Iif, anyone is interested in my mishap, I will explain later.
| Further, I could not get into safemode either. I tried 2 registry
| restores, one for yesterday am first boot and the other for the
previous
| day, no go.
|
| This is my **immediate problem**, my simple DUN connection whether
made
| using networking folder or ICW, manual setup. I do my settings and
get the
| connection going.... it connects, the puter locks however w/hour hour
glass
| immediately after connection.... at first I didn't know I was
connected,
| however I do ctl/alt/del and I see msgrv highlighed, I click end
task.

| Next, task ends and I minimize OE window, *now I get see the system
tray*, I
| am indeed connected, I reopen OE and all is well. But something is
very
| wrong.... I've never seen this before. I re-installed Windows on a
| reformatted and partition drive last pm. I barely have things
going....
| IE6-SP1 installed, Pc-cillin and updated and firewall is on. No WU's
yet,
| but I need to fix this problem before I try to move on. And, of
course I
| won't be on the Internet until I get my updates.
|
| Pls. help me.... I have never seen this before and I've been making
these
| connections for a long time???
| Has anyone seen this scenario, hopefully someone knows the fix ???
|
| Thank you kindly,
|
| Star

Well, here are three articles...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296406
How to Create a New Dial-up Networking Connectoid

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;254332
Cannot Create or Open a Dial-Up Networking Connection

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;136833
Cannot Connect to Internet Using MSN as Service Provider

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
Naturally, you will not sue,
should things get worse after this,
PCR
pcrrcp@netzero.net
"Star" <star@everywhere.com> wrote in message
| Hello, OMG, really having problems!!
|
| Help Pls. Note: this is not about updating my display driver/adapter
| I did nothing at all to my puter!! I left the ng yesterday, left the
puter
| running and restarted it much later..... The puter wouldn't load the
| desktop. Iif, anyone is interested in my mishap, I will explain later.
| Further, I could not get into safemode either. I tried 2 registry
| restores, one for yesterday am first boot and the other for the
previous
| day, no go.
|
| This is my **immediate problem**, my simple DUN connection whether
made
| using networking folder or ICW, manual setup. I do my settings and
get the
| connection going.... it connects, the puter locks however w/hour hour
glass
| immediately after connection.... at first I didn't know I was
connected,
| however I do ctl/alt/del and I see msgrv highlighed, I click end
task.

| Next, task ends and I minimize OE window, *now I get see the system
tray*, I
| am indeed connected, I reopen OE and all is well. But something is
very
| wrong.... I've never seen this before. I re-installed Windows on a
| reformatted and partition drive last pm. I barely have things
going....
| IE6-SP1 installed, Pc-cillin and updated and firewall is on. No WU's
yet,
| but I need to fix this problem before I try to move on. And, of
course I
| won't be on the Internet until I get my updates.
|
| Pls. help me.... I have never seen this before and I've been making
these
| connections for a long time???
| Has anyone seen this scenario, hopefully someone knows the fix ???
|
| Thank you kindly,
|
| Star

Here's a few more, Star...

• Internet Connection Changed When the First Dial-Up Networking
Connection Is Created
(274575) - After you create the first Dial-Up Networking connection in
Windows Millennium Edition (Me), Microsoft Internet Explorer and
Microsoft Outlook Express may attempt to connect to the Internet by
using the new dial-up connection. The new connection...
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;274575

• How to Enable Dial-Up Networking Server Capabilities
(139710) - You can use the Dial-Up Networking Server component to share
network resources with others who connect to your computer from remote
locations. This article describes how to configure your computer to be a
Dial-Up Networking server or client. There...
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;139710

--
| Well, here are three articles...
|
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296406
| How to Create a New Dial-up Networking Connectoid
|
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;254332
| Cannot Create or Open a Dial-Up Networking Connection
|
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;136833
| Cannot Connect to Internet Using MSN as Service Provider
|

| --
| Thanks or Good Luck,
| There may be humor in this post, and,
| Naturally, you will not sue,
| should things get worse after this,
| PCR
| pcrrcp@netzero.net
| "Star" <star@everywhere.com> wrote in message
| | Hello, OMG, really having problems!!
| |
| | Help Pls. Note: this is not about updating my display
driver/adapter
| | I did nothing at all to my puter!! I left the ng yesterday, left
the
| puter
| | running and restarted it much later..... The puter wouldn't load
the
| | desktop. Iif, anyone is interested in my mishap, I will explain
later.
| | Further, I could not get into safemode either. I tried 2 registry
| | restores, one for yesterday am first boot and the other for the
| previous
| | day, no go.
| |
| | This is my **immediate problem**, my simple DUN connection whether
| made
| | using networking folder or ICW, manual setup. I do my settings and
| get the
| | connection going.... it connects, the puter locks however w/hour
hour
| glass
| | immediately after connection.... at first I didn't know I was
| connected,
| | however I do ctl/alt/del and I see msgrv highlighed, I click end
| task.
| |
| | Next, task ends and I minimize OE window, *now I get see the system
| tray*, I
| | am indeed connected, I reopen OE and all is well. But something is
| very
| | wrong.... I've never seen this before. I re-installed Windows on a
| | reformatted and partition drive last pm. I barely have things
| going....
| | IE6-SP1 installed, Pc-cillin and updated and firewall is on. No WU's
| yet,
| | but I need to fix this problem before I try to move on. And, of
| course I
| | won't be on the Internet until I get my updates.
| |
| | Pls. help me.... I have never seen this before and I've been making
| these
| | connections for a long time???
| | Has anyone seen this scenario, hopefully someone knows the fix ???
| |
| | Thank you kindly,
| |
| | Star