leo_vader

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
my old computer stopped working, when i push the power button it gives me a black screen and a constant beep sound
what may be fried how can i know it without switching parts between my two computers, i'm a noob, my experience doesn't go beond pluggin' 2 sticks of ram

PLEASE HELP!

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
You need to check everything and see if it's all connected. Make sure everthing has power. Make sure everything is setted properly.

And you could post the system's specs as well.

leo_vader

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
specs.:
athlon xp 3000+
2*256 mb ram
80 gb maxtor hd
250w ps
nvidia mx 440 gpu
don't know the mb because i didn't care that much at that time :oops: (before it broke) and i don't have any manual

crazypyro

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
could very well be a memory conflict.

my old machine, had 2 512mb sticks, both sticks worked fine individually, but couldn't work together, so take out memory and try em in different slots and any other way you can think of too.

leo_vader

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
could very well be a memory conflict.

my old machine, had 2 512mb sticks, both sticks worked fine individually, but couldn't work together, so take out memory and try em in different slots and any other way you can think of too.

i'l try that but it worcked fine till one day it ,,died,, :cry:

JavanBuddhi

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2006
tell us what the beep exactly is.

Is it beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......p?

or beeeeeeeep beeeeeeeep beeeeeep...you get me?

The second one happened to me often and it was always the RAM not being seated (properly in slot) properly.

Try that.

fainis

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
open the case...read on the bios chip..award, phoenix, ami.......

go for google......error codes for that bios.....you`ll find exactly what are you looking for.....

usually ... the common problems ...are the following..:
when you move you computer from a place to another the expansion slots inside can move...open the case and try to release and then insert again the video card...do the same with the memory...off power ofcourse...

good luck

leo_vader

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
it's a:beeeep about 8 sec. pause beeeeeeep.....

and thanx to everyone for trying to help!
if anyone has any other ideas please say so, i'm curently trying to identify bios and mb and putting everething together again, hope well! :idea:

fainis

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
you`re half way to determine the problem my friend ..all you have to do now is to determine the name of the bios......award, phoenix or ami.....

TRENDING THREADS