Where is this file?

Hi, I recently added a new printer to my home wired network and on my laptop
running XP, it works perfectly. In trying to load the software on my desk
top (running WIN98) I get "Unable to find File: c:\Windows\temp\msinfo.nfo
I can't seem to locate this, even in my XP program which runs the printer
fine. It's keeping me from accessing the new printer from my desk top, An
ideas?
--
Cliff

In XP put the printers install disk in the drive.
Click Start > Settings > Faxes and Printers.
Right click the printer.
Click Properties > Sharing tab.
Put a tic next to "Share this printer" and give it a name.
Below the share name in the driver section click the Additional drivers button.
Put a check next to 95/98/ME and click OK.
Browse to the CD drivers and install.

--

Brian A. Sesko
{ MS MVP_Shell/User }

"Cliff" <Cliff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I recently added a new printer to my home wired network and on my laptop
> running XP, it works perfectly. In trying to load the software on my desk
> top (running WIN98) I get "Unable to find File: c:\Windows\temp\msinfo.nfo
> I can't seem to locate this, even in my XP program which runs the printer
> fine. It's keeping me from accessing the new printer from my desk top, An
> ideas?
> --
> Cliff

Thank-you Brian....let me understand, I should load the drivers into the
laptop that works? and the desktop will find them there?? Also when I follow
your directions I'm fine up until you end with "browse and install" There
is no INSTALL button, sorry I'm lame at most of this
--
Cliff

> Thank-you Brian....let me understand, I should load the drivers into the
> laptop that works? and the desktop will find them there?? Also when I follow
> your directions I'm fine up until you end with "browse and install" There
> is no INSTALL button, sorry I'm lame at most of this
> --
> Cliff
>

> "Cliff" wrote:
>
>> Hi, I recently added a new printer to my home wired network and on my laptop
>> running XP, it works perfectly. In trying to load the software on my desk
>> top (running WIN98) I get "Unable to find File: c:\Windows\temp\msinfo.nfo
>> I can't seem to locate this, even in my XP program which runs the printer
>> fine. It's keeping me from accessing the new printer from my desk top, An
>> ideas?
>> --
>> Cliff

"Cliff" <Cliff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thank-you Brian....let me understand, I should load the drivers into the
> laptop that works? and the desktop will find them there??

The desktop will use the drivers supplied from the XP machine.

Also when I follow
> your directions I'm fine up until you end with "browse and install" There
> is no INSTALL button, sorry I'm lame at most of this

That's because there isn't one. You should be in a window where you either type
in or browse to the location where the drivers are. If they are on a CD, click
Browse, then navigate to the directory on the CD where the drivers are and
select it.
Once selected and back in the window with the browse button and directory input
box, click OK and you should be on your way to installing the drivers.

You can also check the help in XP for instructions:
Click Start > Help and Support > Sharing files, printers and other resources.
In the right pane select Share Your Printer

If you have any further problems, it may be better to post in either a XP and/or
Network ng.

microsoft.public.win98.networking
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support