windows protection error

hi all i have a prob and have no idea what it is and need help fixing plz
help here it is

windows protection error
change the stacks setting in your config.sys file

its windows 98 and its a laptop i dont know if im in the right thread but i
couldnt see anyother for my error can someone help me plz as i cant really
use my lappy thanks a lot all
1 answer Last reply
More about windows protection error

    Try starting the computer in Safe mode by tapping the F8 key
    repeatedly during bootup. If that works, rename the
    "c:\config.sys" file to "config.old", then restart normally..

    Ben

    "poppy" <poppy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFBE9B1C-C2FB-4CCE-98E7-3A005BC91E75@microsoft.com...
    > hi all i have a prob and have no idea what it is and need help fixing plz
    > help here it is
    >
    > windows protection error
    > change the stacks setting in your config.sys file
    >
    > its windows 98 and its a laptop i dont know if im in the right thread but i
    > couldnt see anyother for my error can someone help me plz as i cant really
    > use my lappy thanks a lot all

Microsoft Windows