No longer see file details in web page view

When I highlight a file in a folder I no longer can see the file details nor
does it generate a thumbnail preview of picture files. I used to know the
fix but can't remember. Any help apprediated.

Ron,

I tried the old thumbnail fix and no joy this time.

"Warren" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> When I highlight a file in a folder I no longer can see the file details
nor
> does it generate a thumbnail preview of picture files. I used to know the
> fix but can't remember. Any help apprediated.

You should find those options on the View Tab of the Menu bar. View
as a Webpage will get you the preview of your pics. (In Windows
Explorer, Win98)

"Warren" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> When I highlight a file in a folder I no longer can see the file
details nor
> does it generate a thumbnail preview of picture files. I used to
know the
> fix but can't remember. Any help apprediated.

Left click in the Explorer's right panel. Press Control and the plus (+) in
the numeric keypad (right side of keyboard). If this doesn't work, read
this article:

Windows Explorer Does Not Display Item's Contents in Right Pane [Q179875]
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q179/8/75.asp
********

Look at: THUMBNAIL PREVIEWS OF PICTURE FILES DO NOT APPEAR IN EXPLORER
at my site, see signature

--
Regards

Ron Badour, MS MVP for W98
Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
Knowledge Base Info:

"Warren" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> When I highlight a file in a folder I no longer can see the file details
> nor
> does it generate a thumbnail preview of picture files. I used to know the
> fix but can't remember. Any help apprediated.

There is a thumbnail view repair file from MVP Doug Knox on his site:
www.dougknox.com, just go to utilities in the left column menu, then look for
"Repair image preview and thumbnail view in Windows Explorer" in the right-column.

Here is the direct link to the page:
Repair Image Preview:
http://www.dougknox.com/utility/scripts_desc/fixpix.htm

Is that what you tried?
Try it again....if still no joy, try this:

Click Start>Run, type:

REGSVR32 THUMBVW.DLL and click OK.

Click Start>Run, type:

REGSVR32 WEBVW.DLL and click OK.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> Ron,
>
> I tried the old thumbnail fix and no joy this time.
>
> "Warren" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > When I highlight a file in a folder I no longer can see the file details
> nor
> > does it generate a thumbnail preview of picture files. I used to know the
> > fix but can't remember. Any help apprediated.

Hi Ron,

Glad to see you're still here.

I don't think we're on the same page with my problem yet. If I open a
folder, which has "view as web page" activated, the folder icon & name shows
up in the upper left corner and as I select different files in this folder
the name of the file, size and a thumbnail preview of pictures is supposed
to show up under the folder icon. This is no longer happening.

"Ron Badour" <Sorry@NoAddress.com> wrote in message
> Left click in the Explorer's right panel. Press Control and the plus (+)
in
> the numeric keypad (right side of keyboard). If this doesn't work, read
> this article:
>
> Windows Explorer Does Not Display Item's Contents in Right Pane [Q179875]
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q179/8/75.asp
> ********
>
> Look at: THUMBNAIL PREVIEWS OF PICTURE FILES DO NOT APPEAR IN EXPLORER
> at my site, see signature
>
> --
> Regards
>

> Ron Badour, MS MVP for W98
> Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
> Knowledge Base Info:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbinfo
>

> "Warren" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > When I highlight a file in a folder I no longer can see the file details
> > nor
> > does it generate a thumbnail preview of picture files. I used to know
the
> > fix but can't remember. Any help apprediated.

Try this fix from Aumha.org
"Restore Explorer Thumbnail Preview capability. Win 9x"
http://aumha.org/regfiles.php#tn

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

> Hi Ron,
>
> Glad to see you're still here.
>
> I don't think we're on the same page with my problem yet. If I open
> folder, which has "view as web page" activated, the folder icon & name
> shows
> up in the upper left corner and as I select different files in this
> folder
> the name of the file, size and a thumbnail preview of pictures is
> supposed
> to show up under the folder icon. This is no longer happening.
>
> "Ron Badour" <Sorry@NoAddress.com> wrote in message
>> Left click in the Explorer's right panel. Press Control and the plus
>> (+)
> in
>> the numeric keypad (right side of keyboard). If this doesn't work,
>> read
>> this article:
>>
>> Windows Explorer Does Not Display Item's Contents in Right Pane
>> [Q179875]
>> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q179/8/75.asp
>> ********
>>
>> Look at: THUMBNAIL PREVIEWS OF PICTURE FILES DO NOT APPEAR IN
>> EXPLORER
>> at my site, see signature
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>>

>> Ron Badour, MS MVP for W98
>> Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
>> Knowledge Base Info:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbinfo
>>

>> "Warren" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> > When I highlight a file in a folder I no longer can see the file
>> > details
>> > nor
>> > does it generate a thumbnail preview of picture files. I used to
>> > know
> the
>> > fix but can't remember. Any help apprediated.

Since you apparently did not see my reply to your second post, I will repost it
here:

There is a thumbnail view repair file from MVP Doug Knox on his site:
www.dougknox.com, just go to utilities in the left column menu, then look for
"Repair image preview and thumbnail view in Windows Explorer" in the right-column.

Here is the direct link to the page:
Repair Image Preview:
http://www.dougknox.com/utility/scripts_desc/fixpix.htm

Is that what you tried?
Try it again....if still no joy, try this:

Click Start>Run, type:

REGSVR32 THUMBVW.DLL and click OK.

Click Start>Run, type:

REGSVR32 WEBVW.DLL and click OK.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Warren" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi Ron,
>
> Glad to see you're still here.
>
> I don't think we're on the same page with my problem yet. If I open a
> folder, which has "view as web page" activated, the folder icon & name shows
> up in the upper left corner and as I select different files in this folder
> the name of the file, size and a thumbnail preview of pictures is supposed
> to show up under the folder icon. This is no longer happening.
>
> "Ron Badour" <Sorry@NoAddress.com> wrote in message
> > Left click in the Explorer's right panel. Press Control and the plus (+)
> in
> > the numeric keypad (right side of keyboard). If this doesn't work, read
> > this article:
> >
> > Windows Explorer Does Not Display Item's Contents in Right Pane [Q179875]
> > http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q179/8/75.asp
> > ********
> >
> > Look at: THUMBNAIL PREVIEWS OF PICTURE FILES DO NOT APPEAR IN EXPLORER
> > at my site, see signature
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> >

> > Ron Badour, MS MVP for W98
> > Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
> > Knowledge Base Info:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbinfo
> >

> > "Warren" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > > When I highlight a file in a folder I no longer can see the file details
> > > nor
> > > does it generate a thumbnail preview of picture files. I used to know
> the
> > > fix but can't remember. Any help apprediated.

Solved the problem on another thread. Repaired IE6 and everythings running
fine again. Thanks for all the help offered.

> Try this fix from Aumha.org
> "Restore Explorer Thumbnail Preview capability. Win 9x"
> http://aumha.org/regfiles.php#tn
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP Shell/User
>
> "Warren" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Ron,
> >
> > Glad to see you're still here.
> >
> > I don't think we're on the same page with my problem yet. If I open
> > folder, which has "view as web page" activated, the folder icon & name
> > shows
> > up in the upper left corner and as I select different files in this
> > folder
> > the name of the file, size and a thumbnail preview of pictures is
> > supposed
> > to show up under the folder icon. This is no longer happening.
> >
> > "Ron Badour" <Sorry@NoAddress.com> wrote in message
> >> Left click in the Explorer's right panel. Press Control and the plus
> >> (+)
> > in
> >> the numeric keypad (right side of keyboard). If this doesn't work,
> >> read
> >> this article:
> >>
> >> Windows Explorer Does Not Display Item's Contents in Right Pane
> >> [Q179875]
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q179/8/75.asp
> >> ********
> >>
> >> Look at: THUMBNAIL PREVIEWS OF PICTURE FILES DO NOT APPEAR IN
> >> EXPLORER
> >> at my site, see signature
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards
> >>

> >> Ron Badour, MS MVP for W98
> >> Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
> >> Knowledge Base Info:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbinfo
> >>

> >> "Warren" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > the

LOL....so the WMP9 problem and the web view problem both were fixed with the IE
repair? Cool! Somebody is having a good day....glad it's you!
--

> Solved the problem on another thread. Repaired IE6 and everythings running
> fine again. Thanks for all the help offered.

> > Try this fix from Aumha.org
> > "Restore Explorer Thumbnail Preview capability. Win 9x"
> > http://aumha.org/regfiles.php#tn
> >
> > --
> > Gary S. Terhune
> > MS MVP Shell/User
> >
> > "Warren" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi Ron,
> > >
> > > Glad to see you're still here.
> > >
> > > I don't think we're on the same page with my problem yet. If I open
> > > folder, which has "view as web page" activated, the folder icon & name
> > > shows
> > > up in the upper left corner and as I select different files in this
> > > folder
> > > the name of the file, size and a thumbnail preview of pictures is
> > > supposed
> > > to show up under the folder icon. This is no longer happening.
> > >
> > > "Ron Badour" <Sorry@NoAddress.com> wrote in message
> > > in

> > > the

You solved the problem Glee by repairing the IE6.

I was thinking about it myself because I was noticing
some strange things going on with the browser (couldn't access Windows
Update or Hotmail), but I couldn't figure out how to repair it. They don't
have a nice button to push in Add/Remove Programs anymore.

Thanks very, very much, I was starting to get worried. Amazing that
repairing IE6 fixed so many problems, including functioning of WMP9.
Windows Explorer I can rationalize but WMP?

Anyway you guys on the newsgroups have snatched my buns out of the fire once
again. I don't know how you do it.

Thanks again. All the best.

> Since you apparently did not see my reply to your second post, I will
repost it
> here:
>
> There is a thumbnail view repair file from MVP Doug Knox on his site:
> www.dougknox.com, just go to utilities in the left column menu, then look
for
> "Repair image preview and thumbnail view in Windows Explorer" in the
right-column.

> Here is the direct link to the page:
> Repair Image Preview:
> http://www.dougknox.com/utility/scripts_desc/fixpix.htm
>
> Is that what you tried?
> Try it again....if still no joy, try this:
>
> Click Start>Run, type:
>
> REGSVR32 THUMBVW.DLL and click OK.
>
> Click Start>Run, type:
>
> REGSVR32 WEBVW.DLL and click OK.
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Warren" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Ron,
> >
> > Glad to see you're still here.
> >
> > I don't think we're on the same page with my problem yet. If I open a
> > folder, which has "view as web page" activated, the folder icon & name
shows
> > up in the upper left corner and as I select different files in this
folder
> > the name of the file, size and a thumbnail preview of pictures is
supposed
> > to show up under the folder icon. This is no longer happening.
> >
> > "Ron Badour" <Sorry@NoAddress.com> wrote in message
> > > Left click in the Explorer's right panel. Press Control and the plus
(+)
> > in
> > > the numeric keypad (right side of keyboard). If this doesn't work,
read
> > > this article:
> > >
> > > Windows Explorer Does Not Display Item's Contents in Right Pane
[Q179875]
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q179/8/75.asp
> > > ********
> > >
> > > Look at: THUMBNAIL PREVIEWS OF PICTURE FILES DO NOT APPEAR IN
EXPLORER
> > > at my site, see signature
> > >
> > > --
> > > Regards
> > >

> > > Ron Badour, MS MVP for W98
> > > Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
> > > Knowledge Base Info:
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbinfo
> > >

> > > "Warren" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > the

If IE Repair fixed all that, my intuition suggests that spyware, etc.,
were possibly at the root of the problem. What kind of malware scans
have you done recently?

I had something concise and clear to say about IE and its integration
into the OS, its being an underpinning to so many programs, especially
those from MS... But I forgot...

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

> You solved the problem Glee by repairing the IE6.
>
> I was thinking about it myself because I was noticing
> some strange things going on with the browser (couldn't access Windows
> Update or Hotmail), but I couldn't figure out how to repair it. They
> don't
> have a nice button to push in Add/Remove Programs anymore.
>
> Thanks very, very much, I was starting to get worried. Amazing that
> repairing IE6 fixed so many problems, including functioning of WMP9.
> Windows Explorer I can rationalize but WMP?
>
> Anyway you guys on the newsgroups have snatched my buns out of the
> fire once
> again. I don't know how you do it.
>
> Thanks again. All the best.

>> Since you apparently did not see my reply to your second post, I will
> repost it
>> here:
>>
>> There is a thumbnail view repair file from MVP Doug Knox on his site:
>> www.dougknox.com, just go to utilities in the left column menu, then
>> look
> for
>> "Repair image preview and thumbnail view in Windows Explorer" in the
> right-column.
>>
>> Here is the direct link to the page:
>> Repair Image Preview:
>> http://www.dougknox.com/utility/scripts_desc/fixpix.htm
>>
>> Is that what you tried?
>> Try it again....if still no joy, try this:
>>
>> Click Start>Run, type:
>>
>> REGSVR32 THUMBVW.DLL and click OK.
>>
>> Click Start>Run, type:
>>
>> REGSVR32 WEBVW.DLL and click OK.
>> --
>> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>

>> "Warren" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Ron,
>> >
>> > Glad to see you're still here.
>> >
>> > I don't think we're on the same page with my problem yet. If I
>> > open a
>> > folder, which has "view as web page" activated, the folder icon &
>> > name
> shows
>> > up in the upper left corner and as I select different files in this
> folder
>> > the name of the file, size and a thumbnail preview of pictures is
> supposed
>> > to show up under the folder icon. This is no longer happening.
>> >
>> > "Ron Badour" <Sorry@NoAddress.com> wrote in message
> (+)
>> > in
> read

> [Q179875]

> EXPLORER

> details
> know
>> > the

Hi Gary,

Yes I suspected that something got into my system but I'll be darned if I
can find it. I've scanned with Spybot, Spysubtract, Ad-Aware, Spysweeper,
NOD32, Aluris Spyware Eliminator and found nothing.

> If IE Repair fixed all that, my intuition suggests that spyware, etc.,
> were possibly at the root of the problem. What kind of malware scans
> have you done recently?
>
> I had something concise and clear to say about IE and its integration
> into the OS, its being an underpinning to so many programs, especially
> those from MS... But I forgot...
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP Shell/User
>
> "Warren" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > You solved the problem Glee by repairing the IE6.
> >
> > I was thinking about it myself because I was noticing
> > some strange things going on with the browser (couldn't access Windows
> > Update or Hotmail), but I couldn't figure out how to repair it. They
> > don't
> > have a nice button to push in Add/Remove Programs anymore.
> >
> > Thanks very, very much, I was starting to get worried. Amazing that
> > repairing IE6 fixed so many problems, including functioning of WMP9.
> > Windows Explorer I can rationalize but WMP?
> >
> > Anyway you guys on the newsgroups have snatched my buns out of the
> > fire once
> > again. I don't know how you do it.
> >
> > Thanks again. All the best.
> >
> > "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote in message
> >> Since you apparently did not see my reply to your second post, I will
> > repost it
> >> here:
> >>
> >> There is a thumbnail view repair file from MVP Doug Knox on his site:
> >> www.dougknox.com, just go to utilities in the left column menu, then
> >> look
> > for
> >> "Repair image preview and thumbnail view in Windows Explorer" in the
> > right-column.
> >>
> >> Here is the direct link to the page:
> >> Repair Image Preview:
> >> http://www.dougknox.com/utility/scripts_desc/fixpix.htm
> >>
> >> Is that what you tried?
> >> Try it again....if still no joy, try this:
> >>
> >> Click Start>Run, type:
> >>
> >> REGSVR32 THUMBVW.DLL and click OK.
> >>
> >> Click Start>Run, type:
> >>
> >> REGSVR32 WEBVW.DLL and click OK.
> >> --
> >> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> >>

> >> "Warren" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message

> > shows
> > folder
> > supposed

> > (+)
> > read

> > [Q179875]

> > EXPLORER

> > details
> > know

Well, it does look like you covered a lot of bases. Might consider
reading Jim Eshelman's newly revised anti-parasite pages at
www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm. An online scan or two, a HijackThis scan
submitted to the appropriate Aumha forum... Might find something that
has managed to avoid, evade or cripple your existing protection

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

> Hi Gary,
>
> Yes I suspected that something got into my system but I'll be darned
> if I
> can find it. I've scanned with Spybot, Spysubtract, Ad-Aware,
> Spysweeper,
> NOD32, Aluris Spyware Eliminator and found nothing.

>> If IE Repair fixed all that, my intuition suggests that spyware,
>> etc.,
>> were possibly at the root of the problem. What kind of malware scans
>> have you done recently?
>>
>> I had something concise and clear to say about IE and its integration
>> into the OS, its being an underpinning to so many programs,
>> especially
>> those from MS... But I forgot...
>>
>> --
>> Gary S. Terhune
>> MS MVP Shell/User
>> http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
>> http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
>>
>> "Warren" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> > You solved the problem Glee by repairing the IE6.
>> >
>> > I was thinking about it myself because I was noticing
>> > some strange things going on with the browser (couldn't access
>> > Windows
>> > Update or Hotmail), but I couldn't figure out how to repair it.
>> > They
>> > don't
>> > have a nice button to push in Add/Remove Programs anymore.
>> >
>> > Thanks very, very much, I was starting to get worried. Amazing
>> > that
>> > repairing IE6 fixed so many problems, including functioning of
>> > WMP9.
>> > Windows Explorer I can rationalize but WMP?
>> >
>> > Anyway you guys on the newsgroups have snatched my buns out of the
>> > fire once
>> > again. I don't know how you do it.
>> >
>> > Thanks again. All the best.
>> >
>> > "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote in message