DSL Disconnects

I use Sprint DSL Modem 645. Past few weeks getting frequent disconnects
requirung reboots. Sprint tech says it is something in my Win98SE doing
this. It disconnects after using IE and then being idle for awhile. Any help
appreciated. Someone in a Sprint forum talked about SP2 doing this and when
he removed it all was well. What is SP2??
Jerry in Vegas

Sorry, can't help you much, but to answer your last question, SP2 is
"Service Pack 2" for Windows XP. Doesn't apply to your case.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

From: "Jerry & Carol Schull" <jschull10@earthlink.net>

| I use Sprint DSL Modem 645. Past few weeks getting frequent disconnects
| requirung reboots. Sprint tech says it is something in my Win98SE doing
| this. It disconnects after using IE and then being idle for awhile. Any help
| appreciated. Someone in a Sprint forum talked about SP2 doing this and when
| he removed it all was well. What is SP2??
| Jerry in Vegas

Why as here ?

Ask Earthlink or in the News Group; comp.dcom.xdsl

It could very well just be your CO.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm