msconfig double

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
July 20, 2005 4:20:07 AM

hi,
i am still re-building since new hard drive instal. just noticed that
there are identical settings in msconfig.
"Loadpowerprofile"
i know i have read something regarding this before, but right
now i dont remember; clues-hints-pointers even enigmas would
help.

tia

...Rex..

More about : msconfig double

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 4:20:08 AM

This is as it should be. See this article:

LoadPowerProfile Starts Twice When You Start Your Computer
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=187611

PattyL

"Rex" <Rex@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> i am still re-building since new hard drive instal. just noticed that
> there are identical settings in msconfig.
> "Loadpowerprofile"
> i know i have read something regarding this before, but right
> now i dont remember; clues-hints-pointers even enigmas would
> help.
>
> tia
>
> ..Rex..

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 3:59:04 AM

I checked out your link Patty, such a simple answer to a
simple question.
The only thing that doesnt sit right is that it wasnt on my
o/s prior to my crash & new h/d instal, and this current o/s
has only been on for just over a week.

I've just had a second thought, i cant quite remember if I had
unticked one of the boxes in msconfig; but even if I did, the
old o/s ran smooth as they come right up until the h/d bit the dust.

I'll leave it for now as I still have a lot of 'replacing' to do, ta
for input.

...Rex..

!