msconfig double

hi,
i am still re-building since new hard drive instal. just noticed that
there are identical settings in msconfig.
"Loadpowerprofile"
i know i have read something regarding this before, but right
now i dont remember; clues-hints-pointers even enigmas would
help.

tia

...Rex..
2 answers Last reply
More about msconfig double

    This is as it should be. See this article:

    LoadPowerProfile Starts Twice When You Start Your Computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=187611

    PattyL

    "Rex" <Rex@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > hi,
    > i am still re-building since new hard drive instal. just noticed that
    > there are identical settings in msconfig.
    > "Loadpowerprofile"
    > i know i have read something regarding this before, but right
    > now i dont remember; clues-hints-pointers even enigmas would
    > help.
    >
    > tia
    >
    > ..Rex..

    I checked out your link Patty, such a simple answer to a
    simple question.
    The only thing that doesnt sit right is that it wasnt on my
    o/s prior to my crash & new h/d instal, and this current o/s
    has only been on for just over a week.

    I've just had a second thought, i cant quite remember if I had
    unticked one of the boxes in msconfig; but even if I did, the
    old o/s ran smooth as they come right up until the h/d bit the dust.

    I'll leave it for now as I still have a lot of 'replacing' to do, ta
    for input.

    ...Rex..

    "PattyL" <pattyl@XXmvps.org> wrote in message
    > This is as it should be. See this article:
    >
    > LoadPowerProfile Starts Twice When You Start Your Computer
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=187611
    >
    > PattyL
    >

    > "Rex" <Rex@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > hi,
    > > i am still re-building since new hard drive instal. just noticed that
    > > there are identical settings in msconfig.
    > > "Loadpowerprofile"
    > > i know i have read something regarding this before, but right
    > > now i dont remember; clues-hints-pointers even enigmas would
    > > help.
    > >
    > > tia
    > >
    > > ..Rex..

Microsoft Msconfig Hard Drives Windows