Asterisk for big implementations

Will Asterisk be good for a Customer service Call center
with 3 different offices ?

The 30 users will receive approx. 50 urgent and important calls/day
each froma angry customers !

Piero

Piero <bitrippen@yahoo.it> wrote:
> Will Asterisk be good for a Customer service Call center
> with 3 different offices ?
>
> The 30 users will receive approx. 50 urgent and important calls/day
> each froma angry customers !

Why not? Asterisk is very good at playing soothing music to your angry
customers while they are on hold -- or, perhaps, a reminder that if they
curse at your employees they will be hung-up on.

It can also, if desirable, actually connect these angry incoming calls
to analog or VoIP phones for your customer service representatives. It
includes an agent/queue system designed for scenarios just like yours.

--
Karl A. Krueger <kkrueger@example.edu> { s/example/whoi/ }

Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one line.
By induction, every program can be reduced to one line which does not work.

"Karl A. Krueger" <kkrueger@example.edu> writes:

>> The 30 users will receive approx. 50 urgent and important calls/day
>> each froma angry customers !

>Why not? Asterisk is very good at playing soothing music to your angry
>customers while they are on hold -- or, perhaps, a reminder that if they
>curse at your employees they will be hung-up on.

....or you could MeetMe(1234) all of them.

(I thought of that in a sarcastic sense at first but now I'm beginning
to warm to the idea. I'd like to try it on a helpline someday.)

--kyler

Dear both,
your answer are really ilarious, but can you please explain in more details ?

My boss is trying to put me on this project so if you are right,
please hnd me some tangible facts about it !

Piero

Piero <bitrippen@yahoo.it> wrote:
> Dear both,
> your answer are really ilarious, but can you please explain in more details ?

To learn more about Asterisk, you'd be well-served by reading as much as
you can stand of the voip-info wiki, http://www.voip-info.org/ -- as
well as the documentation on Digium's Web site.

Asterisk can definitely do what you're asking. 30 users is not very
many. You can support that many with a single E1 interface and a
channel bank if you have analog phones -- or with a single 100Mbit
Ethernet interface and a switch if you have SIP phones.

However, the configuration for your business is going to be different
from that for any other business. Asterisk is not a plug-and-play
system -- a PBX can't be; it has to be customized. You'll need to
choose hardware to support the technologies you need -- if you have DIDs
(incoming phone calls) on an E1 line, you need an E1 card, for instance.
This is a job for a full-time employee who will learn the system inside
and out, or for a consultant who already knows it.

What's your background? If you're a telecom guy, using Asterisk will
mean learning things like running a Linux server, building packages from
source, and configuring a PC server box with telecom hardware. If
you're a Linux guy (like me), using Asterisk will mean learning the
things that the telecom guys take for granted.

--
Karl A. Krueger <kkrueger@example.edu> { s/example/whoi/ }

Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one line.
By induction, every program can be reduced to one line which does not work.

I am the project manager,
other engineers will work actively on it,

but the customer could work actively on.... me !