"Advanced INF install" message at startup

Am part way into a "fresh" reinstall of W98se.

Am getting a dialogue box shortly after startup with "Advanced INF install"
in the title bar, and in it a red circle with red X and
Error: could not locate the INF file
'D:\content\Win9x\Win98SE\WSEresume.inf"

I think it first appeared after rebooting just after installing drivers and
Liveware3 apps. for Creative soundblaster CT4830 (SBLive!) pci card,
suspect that I should have left the cd in the drive.

Any ideas, TIA

regards, Richard

ooops I tell a fib, msconfig | startup reveals that it was to do with the
MS green update cd ...I'll fiddle with that, obviously it needed to find the
cd in the drive after running it !

regards, Richard

"RJK" <notatospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Am part way into a "fresh" reinstall of W98se.
>
> Am getting a dialogue box shortly after startup with "Advanced INF
> install" in the title bar, and in it a red circle with red X and
> Error: could not locate the INF file
> 'D:\content\Win9x\Win98SE\WSEresume.inf"
>
> I think it first appeared after rebooting just after installing drivers
> and Liveware3 apps. for Creative soundblaster CT4830 (SBLive!) pci card,
> suspect that I should have left the cd in the drive.
>
> Any ideas, TIA
>
> regards, Richard

Yes, the CD must be present for at least one reboot after the updates are
fully installed, and must be present until all of them are installed.