"Advanced INF install" message at startup

Am part way into a "fresh" reinstall of W98se.

Am getting a dialogue box shortly after startup with "Advanced INF install"
in the title bar, and in it a red circle with red X and
Error: could not locate the INF file
'D:\content\Win9x\Win98SE\WSEresume.inf"

I think it first appeared after rebooting just after installing drivers and
Liveware3 apps. for Creative soundblaster CT4830 (SBLive!) pci card,
suspect that I should have left the cd in the drive.

Any ideas, TIA

regards, Richard
2 answers Last reply
More about advanced install message startup

    ooops I tell a fib, msconfig | startup reveals that it was to do with the
    MS green update cd ...I'll fiddle with that, obviously it needed to find the
    cd in the drive after running it !

    regards, Richard

    "RJK" <notatospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Am part way into a "fresh" reinstall of W98se.
    >
    > Am getting a dialogue box shortly after startup with "Advanced INF
    > install" in the title bar, and in it a red circle with red X and
    > Error: could not locate the INF file
    > 'D:\content\Win9x\Win98SE\WSEresume.inf"
    >
    > I think it first appeared after rebooting just after installing drivers
    > and Liveware3 apps. for Creative soundblaster CT4830 (SBLive!) pci card,
    > suspect that I should have left the cd in the drive.
    >
    > Any ideas, TIA
    >
    > regards, Richard

    Yes, the CD must be present for at least one reboot after the updates are
    fully installed, and must be present until all of them are installed.

    > ooops I tell a fib, msconfig | startup reveals that it was to do with the
    > MS green update cd ...I'll fiddle with that, obviously it needed to find
    > the cd in the drive after running it !
    >
    > regards, Richard
    >

    > "RJK" <notatospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Am part way into a "fresh" reinstall of W98se.
    >>
    >> Am getting a dialogue box shortly after startup with "Advanced INF
    >> install" in the title bar, and in it a red circle with red X and
    >> Error: could not locate the INF file
    >> 'D:\content\Win9x\Win98SE\WSEresume.inf"
    >>
    >> I think it first appeared after rebooting just after installing drivers
    >> and Liveware3 apps. for Creative soundblaster CT4830 (SBLive!) pci card,
    >> suspect that I should have left the cd in the drive.
    >>
    >> Any ideas, TIA
    >>
    >> regards, Richard

Windows